Carloluigi - prescreening/editing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carloluigi - prescreening/editing help

Hello everyone, kindly, I would like to know what tool is used on JP to get the equalization of the photos: the equalizations that I get on Photoshop are always different, I see one thing on my Photoshop and then on JP I see another, I never have a unique result, I'm going crazy because the photo optimization work is completely unpredictable.
    Is there any setting to set in Photoshop? Thanks for any replies. Carlo

Originally posted by Carloluigi View Post
    Hello everyone, kindly, I would like to know what tool is used on JP to get the equalization of the photos: the equalizations that I get on Photoshop are always different, I see one thing on my Photoshop and then on JP I see another, I never have a unique result, I'm going crazy because the photo optimization work is completely unpredictable.
    Is there any setting to set in Photoshop? Thanks for any replies. Carlo
    JP's equalization tool is indeed stronger than Photoshop's, but in my experience there are very few things that you can see in one, and not the other. As such, I wouldn't put too much effort into trying to replicate JP's tool, and if you really are that concerned, upload the image in question to the queue to use the tool, and delete it afterwards if you see any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

JP's equalization tool is indeed stronger than Photoshop's, but in my experience, there are very few things that you can see in one, and not the other. As such, I wouldn't put too much effort into trying to replicate JP's tool, and if you really are that concerned, upload the image in question to the queue to use the tool, and delete it afterwards if you see any issues.

Is there any way to achieve the equalizing effect in lightroom? I haven't really thought about it and I have used the method you mention to check for halos within photos... (upload to queue, check and delete)....

I just choose a random code and registration, to avoid filling anything in, but the process is much slower than just applying a filter. Does anyone know how I can do this without leaving lightroom?

I do obviously use the "check for dust" within lightroom, but it's not the same at all.

Comment

Hi everyone, kindly, I was rejected a photo but I got the suggestion from the screener "could use a bump in contrast". Could you explain me better what is meant by "bump in contrast". Thank you

Comment

Hi everyone, kindly, I was rejected a photo but I got the suggestion from the screener "could use a bump in contrast". Could you explain me better what is meant by "bump in contrast". Thank you
          Probably increasing contrast(Shot needs more contrast)

Comment

Hi, kindly, I would like to know if for these two photos that I am attaching the grass can be ok or it is already considered obstruction and therefore the photos would be rejected.
            Thanks so much in advance for the reply
            Carlo

Attached Files

Comment

Hi, kindly, I would like to know if for these two photos that I am attaching the grass can be ok or it is already considered obstruction and therefore the photos would be rejected.
              Carlo
              Hello, please read here carefully when you get the chance, especially #4:

Your previous thread:

This thread will be deleted shortly, thank you.

Comment

Carlo
                Attached Files

Comment

Carlo
                  Usually at screener's discretion in cases like this, and usually how avoidable it is will determine the outcome. Looks at least somewhat avoidable here, so couldn't say for sure, but could be an issue.

Comment

Hello everyone, kindly, the photo of which I am attaching the link was rejected with the motif "Cropping / Photo edges / Size Ratio". I looked in the jetphotos upload guidelines to what this rejection corresponded to but I don't understand what is wrong with the photo. Could a screener kindly point it out? Thanks in advance for your reply
                    Carlo

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

I'm not a screener, but to me it looks like there's some tiny grey triangle in the bottom right of the picture. Maybe from rotating/cropping the picture.

Best,
                      marfi80

Comment

Thanks marfi80 for your reply,
                        I hadn't noticed that gray piece.
                        But it is not a bad cut or a wrong rotation, it is a piece of the guardrail of the road used by the service vehicles. It looks best in the uncropped photo (see attachments)
                        And now? it's not a mistake

Best
                        Carlo
                        Attached Files

Comment

Right bottom corner - Cropping issue

Regards
                          Alex

Comment

Hi Alex, thanks for your replay.
                            It's a piece of the guardrail, not a cropping issue

Best