Kamryn - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Image is soft/blurry/heat hazed, so the horizon is really a moot point.
    Yea, I see what you're saying. I'd rather not even submit it as there's heat haze visible.

Comment

I'm considering submitting a close-up shot of an Alaska Airlines A321neo. I've had a couple of these styles submitted and accepted, no clouds makes it tough because the sky's color may look weird after editing. I got this one nicely done though without any halos I see. Just posting it here to see if anyone a]can find problems before entering the queue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4676C8B4-42DE-477A-BE7E-5007B3652912.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	548.9 KB ID:	1108976

Comment

Originally posted by Kamryn View Post
        I'm considering submitting a close-up shot of an Alaska Airlines A321neo. I've had a couple of these styles submitted and accepted, no clouds makes it tough because the sky's color may look weird after editing. I got this one nicely done though without any halos I see. Just posting it here to see if anyone a]can find problems before entering the queue.
        A bit soft in spots and you might want to add a touch more contrast, but otherwise quality looks ok to me.

Comment

A bit soft in spots and you might want to add a touch more contrast, but otherwise quality looks ok to me.
          Great, I'll add a bit more contrast. For the quality, are you talking about the tail area? I believe that's just the engine's heat effect.

Comment

Great, I'll add a bit more contrast. For the quality, are you talking about the tail area? I believe that's just the engine's heat effect.
            I said the quality looks ok. Not sure why that would refer to a specific area of the frame, but to be clear I was referring to the whole image.

Comment

Got some wicked Nellis AFB shots. I'd love to upload a few, they're are great in quality, just not sure if the lighting is good. Both are registered as 89-0483 as an F-15.

I'm only submitting one so I don't know which angle would look better. The second photo has visible afterburners.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2D2A2C63-8CFA-4CF1-A145-6767A965A408.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	559.8 KB ID:	1109190Click image for larger version  Name:	50D49192-3AA1-47B9-9443-A26CBFC21164.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	381.4 KB ID:	1109191

Comment

Got some wicked Nellis AFB shots. I'd love to upload a few, they're are great in quality, just not sure if the lighting is good. Both are registered as 89-0483 as an F-15.

I'm only submitting one so I don't know which angle would look better. The second photo has visible afterburners.
                These would be rejected for similar. Please choose one.

Comment

These would be rejected for similar. Please choose one.
                  Alright, in my opinion, i'd go with the side shot with the afterburner

Comment

This one too if you don't mind me asking. B-2A Spirit as 90-0040.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B9AE1105-1CCC-4D33-A6E1-C44B1A721D3E.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	575.6 KB
ID:	1109195

Comment

Alright, in my opinion, i'd go with the side shot with the afterburner
                      This would be rejected for soft, dark, and overprocessed.

This one too if you don't mind me asking. B-2A Spirit as 90-0040.
                      This would be rejected for soft/blurry.

Comment

This would be rejected for soft, dark, and overprocessed.

This would be rejected for soft/blurry.
                        Thank you for the response, I attempted to lighten up the aircraft and remove some of the visible halos near the wings. Is this an improvement?

Name:	SJ 89-0483 F-15 - JP.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	1109237

Comment

Thank you for the response, I attempted to lighten up the aircraft and remove some of the visible halos near the wings. Is this an improvement?
                          This would be rejected for soft, and likely dark/contrast.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	N912NK-C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	557.3 KB ID:	1110389Click image for larger version  Name:	N912NK-B (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	698.8 KB ID:	1110390

I have a couple new photos. Not sure about the either one. Would they be rejected for obstruction?

It seems that the first photo has a degraded quality from compressing it to the 1280 limit

Comment

I have a couple new photos. Not sure about the either one. Would they be rejected for obstruction?

It seems that the first photo has a degraded quality from compressing it to the 1280 limit
                              These images would be rejected for similar.

Comment

These images would be rejected for similar.
                                Oops, didn't choose one specific. Would this one be alright?

Name:	N912NK-B (1).jpg
Views:	150
Size:	698.8 KB
ID:	1110394

Comment

Working...
                                X