X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by raceface29 View Post

Thanks! I tried to increase the brightness via the exposure slider. Do you think this is any better (it was a marginal change)?
    A bit compressed, but otherwise ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied
    Originally posted by Julian S. View Post

Hello.

For me it would be okay, maybe a bit dark but not that i would reject it for that.

Regards!
    Thanks! I tried to increase the brightness via the exposure slider. Do you think this is any better (it was a marginal change)?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Julian S.
    replied

No, definitely not what I meant. I do appreciate each of your inputs.

Is this one any better? I only have two "good" photos of this plane and ready to give up on both if this one is soft as well. Probably just need to work on my technique and skill of shooting more, but do you have any opinions on lenses with image stabilization technology for this application?
    Hello.

For me it would be okay, maybe a bit dark but not that i would reject it for that.

Regards!

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

If you prefer I skip your requests, I can do that.
    No, definitely not what I meant. I do appreciate each of your inputs.

Dirty, soft, and a bit dark.
    Is this one any better? I only have two "good" photos of this plane and ready to give up on both if this one is soft as well. Probably just need to work on my technique and skill of shooting more, but do you have any opinions on lenses with image stabilization technology for this application?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Does anyone else do pre-screenings on here?
    If you prefer I skip your requests, I can do that.

I'm going to request the community pre-screen the A330 DHL photo below. Hopefully only a few more of these requests as I get more and more calibrated on acceptable photo submissions.
    Dirty, soft, and a bit dark.

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied

Slightly compressed, but don't think it will be a big issue.
    Does anyone else do pre-screenings on here? Nonetheless, I appreciate your time and replies on all of these.

I'm going to request the community pre-screen the A330 DHL photo below. Hopefully only a few more of these requests as I get more and more calibrated on acceptable photo submissions.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks dlowwa !

Can I get a pre-screen from the community on the attached photo as well?
    Slightly compressed, but don't think it will be a big issue.

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied
    Thanks dlowwa !

Can I get a pre-screen from the community on the attached photo as well?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Moving on though, thoughts on the A35K attached?
    Would be ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied

If it had been mine (and just a regular subject), I would have deleted it before I got home - but that's just my own personal standards.
    Fair enough - point taken haha. I work for the company that makes the thrust reversers on the 747-8, so I was really hanging on to that photo. Not sure how many more opportunities I have to get a 747 these days from where I am.

Moving on though, thoughts on the A35K attached?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Totally. I can see it without even having them side by side. Also, great shot!

So, in your opinion, is the photo I have salvageable or should I just toss it and move on with my life focusing on other photos?
    If it had been mine (and just a regular subject), I would have deleted it before I got home - but that's just my own personal standards.

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied

Yes, this seems to be an original..and it is extremely soft. I've cropped it closer, and attached the most similar angle shot I could find of one of my own photos to compare. Hopefully you can notice the difference in quality/sharpness.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38775 (1).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	414.0 KB
ID:	1110885Click image for larger version

Name:	DS2_8814.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	558.2 KB
ID:	1110886

Compare them side-by-side if you can, and you can maybe understand why you will be at a disadvantage starting with a lower-quality image.
    Totally. I can see it without even having them side by side. Also, great shot!

So, in your opinion, is the photo I have salvageable or should I just toss it and move on with my life focusing on other photos?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Sorry about that - I went back and checked and it looks like the edits carried over. I thought I had posted the original original. Here it is
    Yes, this seems to be an original..and it is extremely soft. I've cropped it closer, and attached the most similar angle shot I could find of one of my own photos to compare. Hopefully you can notice the difference in quality/sharpness.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38775 (1).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	414.0 KB
ID:	1110885Click image for larger version

Name:	DS2_8814.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	558.2 KB
ID:	1110886

Compare them side-by-side if you can, and you can maybe understand why you will be at a disadvantage starting with a lower-quality image.

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied

...so then it's not actually the original image is it? It's been edited, and re-sized as well (I hope)..so back to my previous statement, without seeing the original image, I can't say for sure whether it's worth working on any further.
    Sorry about that - I went back and checked and it looks like the edits carried over. I thought I had posted the original original. Here it is
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

The photo labeled as "Original" is also the original image. I did not perform any editing on that photo besides to crop photo and take out unnecessary space.
    ...so then it's not actually the original image is it? It's been edited, and re-sized as well (I hope)..so back to my previous statement, without seeing the original image, I can't say for sure whether it's worth working on any further.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X