Photo Advice (Pre-screen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raceface29 View Post
    Moving on though, thoughts on the A35K attached?
    Would be ok for me.

Comment

Thanks dlowwa !

Can I get a pre-screen from the community on the attached photo as well?
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks dlowwa !

Can I get a pre-screen from the community on the attached photo as well?
        Slightly compressed, but don't think it will be a big issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Slightly compressed, but don't think it will be a big issue.
          Does anyone else do pre-screenings on here? Nonetheless, I appreciate your time and replies on all of these.

I'm going to request the community pre-screen the A330 DHL photo below. Hopefully only a few more of these requests as I get more and more calibrated on acceptable photo submissions.

Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone else do pre-screenings on here?
            If you prefer I skip your requests, I can do that.

I'm going to request the community pre-screen the A330 DHL photo below. Hopefully only a few more of these requests as I get more and more calibrated on acceptable photo submissions.
            Dirty, soft, and a bit dark.

Comment

If you prefer I skip your requests, I can do that.
              No, definitely not what I meant. I do appreciate each of your inputs.

Dirty, soft, and a bit dark.
              Is this one any better? I only have two "good" photos of this plane and ready to give up on both if this one is soft as well. Probably just need to work on my technique and skill of shooting more, but do you have any opinions on lenses with image stabilization technology for this application?
              Attached Files

Comment

No, definitely not what I meant. I do appreciate each of your inputs.

Is this one any better? I only have two "good" photos of this plane and ready to give up on both if this one is soft as well. Probably just need to work on my technique and skill of shooting more, but do you have any opinions on lenses with image stabilization technology for this application?
                Hello.

For me it would be okay, maybe a bit dark but not that i would reject it for that.

Regards!
                Best Regards from Germany,
                Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post

Hello.

For me it would be okay, maybe a bit dark but not that i would reject it for that.

Regards!
                  Thanks! I tried to increase the brightness via the exposure slider. Do you think this is any better (it was a marginal change)?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! I tried to increase the brightness via the exposure slider. Do you think this is any better (it was a marginal change)?
                    A bit compressed, but otherwise ok for me.

Comment

Can you guys take a look and provide some feedback/pre-screen the following photos?

1. Wondering if the cloudiness makes these impossible for upload?
                      2. The 787 image that has the tree branches in it - is this acceptable for upload?
                      3. I've played a little with exposure/contrast sliders just because of the way the images came out from the weather conditions - is it overprocessed or is it acceptable?
                      Attached Files

Comment

1. Wondering if the cloudiness makes these impossible for upload?
                        Pretty much, unfortunately.

Comment

Pretty much, unfortunately.
                          Ah, that's too bad. Before I go ahead and give up on these, can I ask you to take a look at one more? This one comparatively seemed much brighter and looked like you could make out the outline of the aircraft much better. Not sure if it would still be unacceptable though.

Can you also tell me what it is exactly that makes these types of photos taken in cloudy weather unacceptable? I was trying to read through the forum, and everyone seems to just have an understanding that photos taken in cloudy weather are not good enough for upload.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ah, that's too bad. Before I go ahead and give up on these, can I ask you to take a look at one more? This one comparatively seemed much brighter and looked like you could make out the outline of the aircraft much better. Not sure if it would still be unacceptable though.
                            Would be rejected for dark, contrast, soft, and noise.

Can you also tell me what it is exactly that makes these types of photos taken in cloudy weather unacceptable? I was trying to read through the forum, and everyone seems to just have an understanding that photos taken in cloudy weather are not good enough for upload.
                            Aesthetics, mostly. Same reason soft/blurry images are not desirable, nor poorly cropped ones. In some cases you can't see the aircraft/liveries as clearly with poor contrast, but mostly because better light is nicer, and clouds are never permanent so we typically don't need to wait long to get a photo in decent light.

Comment

Can I request a pre-screen of the attached images?

edit: dlowwa or Julian S. Could I request either of you pre-screen a few photos for me?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Can I request a pre-screen of the attached images?

edit: dlowwa or Julian S. Could I request either of you pre-screen a few photos for me?
                                1. soft/blurry, compression, overprocessed
                                2-3. similar

Comment

Working...
                                X