• Show
Clear All

• raceface29
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. dark/contrast. not fixable.
    2. dirty, borderline contrast
    3. ok for me
    I increased the sensitivity of dust visualization and it looks like I may have missed a couple spots. Also increase the contrast slider to try and bring out the blue in the sky a bit more. Does this get me closer to acceptable?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by raceface29 View Post

dlowwa that helps - I'll go work on that some more and refine my lightroom skills on it.

In the meantime, do you think these 3 would be acceptable for upload? (I'm a bit concerned with the clouds)
    1. dark/contrast. not fixable.
    2. dirty, borderline contrast
    3. ok for me

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied

Contrast is very washed out, due to the haze between you and the aircraft. It's possible adjusting the curves might lead to an acceptable result, but as it is now, it would certainly be a rejection.
    dlowwa that helps - I'll go work on that some more and refine my lightroom skills on it.

In the meantime, do you think these 3 would be acceptable for upload? (I'm a bit concerned with the clouds)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

When you say the contrast is poor, does that mean that there is not enough of it? Is it a matter of the greens of the trees need to be "greener" and the airplane itself needs to be "brighter" (more whites, blues)? Any suggestions on how to improve it enough so that it is worth uploading?
    Contrast is very washed out, due to the haze between you and the aircraft. It's possible adjusting the curves might lead to an acceptable result, but as it is now, it would certainly be a rejection.

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied

1. contrast still quite poor
    2. yes backlit. not worth spending any more time/effort on.
    When you say the contrast is poor, does that mean that there is not enough of it? Is it a matter of the greens of the trees need to be "greener" and the airplane itself needs to be "brighter" (more whites, blues)? Any suggestions on how to improve it enough so that it is worth uploading?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Do you think this shot is any better?

I know this next one (Alaska 737) is not a pre-screen, but wanted to get some thoughts. It got rejected for too much/too little contrast and for being backlit. The sun is shining from the nose-side of the plane so I didn't think it would be backlit, but I'm guessing that the shadow cast on the APU/tail area is what makes this a backlist candidate? Also, this shot has no post-processing except for sharpening/noise reduction. In your opinion, is there too much or too little contrast? Lastly, is it worth fixing or is the backlit rejection unfixable here?
    1. contrast still quite poor
    2. yes backlit. not worth spending any more time/effort on.

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied

This version is slightly worse. It does seem atmospheric conditions are affecting the quality.
    Do you think this shot is any better?

I know this next one (Alaska 737) is not a pre-screen, but wanted to get some thoughts. It got rejected for too much/too little contrast and for being backlit. The sun is shining from the nose-side of the plane so I didn't think it would be backlit, but I'm guessing that the shadow cast on the APU/tail area is what makes this a backlist candidate? Also, this shot has no post-processing except for sharpening/noise reduction. In your opinion, is there too much or too little contrast? Lastly, is it worth fixing or is the backlit rejection unfixable here?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

For the B744 shot, do you think it's fixable with post-processing (like the latest attached)? Or is this pretty useless due to the haze in the sky?
    This version is slightly worse. It does seem atmospheric conditions are affecting the quality.

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied

1. contrast
    2. soft/blurry, contrast
    For the B744 shot, do you think it's fixable with post-processing (like the latest attached)? Or is this pretty useless due to the haze in the sky?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Can I please get a pre-screen on this B744 and B76F image?
    1. contrast
    2. soft/blurry, contrast

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied
    Can I please get a pre-screen on this B744 and B76F image?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Very strange. I can't figure out what made the initial photo compressed. Oh well, I'm double-checking file sizes now.

Can I get a pre-screen on the attached photo?
    Image is backlit.

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied

Nope, this one looks fine.
    Very strange. I can't figure out what made the initial photo compressed. Oh well, I'm double-checking file sizes now.

Can I get a pre-screen on the attached photo?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    What do you think of the CRJ pic? Is it still looking compressed?
    Nope, this one looks fine.

Leave a comment:

• raceface29
    replied

Can't see anything that seems like an obvious area of concern.

Yes, but those were in the ~1280pix resolution, yes?
    Yes, that's true. I tried to do the same with the attached photo and get it to 1280pix.

The VS A35K shot is 1280pix and was approved v. the latest of the AA CRJ. Both should be at 1280pix. What do you think of the CRJ pic? Is it still looking compressed?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X