Pre Screening Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Screening Editing Advice

Firstly, I appreciate your time, these are from my 2nd spotting trip, and am looking for editing advice and whether I should upload or keep it for myself. I have attached the images below. Thank You.
    I know the Broncos Q400 is a very long shot, but I would like to learn how to improve.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by neshk16 View Post
    Firstly, I appreciate your time, these are from my 2nd spotting trip, and am looking for editing advice and whether I should upload or keep it for myself. I have attached the images below. Thank You.
    I know the Broncos Q400 is a very long shot, but I would like to learn how to improve.
    None of these would be acceptable. It might be a good idea to browse the DB for similar images to what you hope to upload to get an idea of what kind of crop/centering/etc. we might accept. If you would like I can give more detailed critiques I'd be more than happy to, but it won't be pretty..

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

None of these would be acceptable. It might be a good idea to browse the DB for similar images to what you hope to upload to get an idea of what kind of crop/centering/etc. we might accept. If you would like I can give more detailed critiques I'd be more than happy to, but it won't be pretty..
      I definitely would appreciate the critique!

Comment

I definitely would appreciate the critique!
        Since you ask for it..

1. too far, centering, overexposed, oversharpened
        2. too far, centering, blurry, horizon, overexposed, oversharpened
        3. obstruction, cut off, overexposed, oversharpened
        4. centering, cut off, oversharpened
        5. too far, centering, cut off, backlit, horizon, oversharpened, blurry, contrast

Comment

Since you ask for it..

1. too far, centering, overexposed, oversharpened
          2. too far, centering, blurry, horizon, overexposed, oversharpened
          3. obstruction, cut off, overexposed, oversharpened
          4. centering, cut off, oversharpened
          5. too far, centering, cut off, backlit, horizon, oversharpened, blurry, contrast
          I appreciate it, centering and horizon are reoccurring issues for me.

I would like some advice on the ones below. Please do not hesitate to give me the truth, I would like to learn.
          Attached Files

Comment

I appreciate it, centering and horizon are reoccurring issues for me.

I would like some advice on the ones below. Please do not hesitate to give me the truth, I would like to learn.
            1. cannot comment since you cannot upload images at this resolution
            2. centering, overexposed, oversharpened, color

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5836[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	448.1 KB ID:	1107805 I request your opinion on the attached images, is the Horizon Q400 to far right in the frame? I think it's a bit too blurry as well, but never hurts to get a second opinion. Thank you for your time. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5813[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	573.8 KB ID:	1107804

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5836[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	448.1 KB ID:	1107805 I request your opinion on the attached images, is the Horizon Q400 to far right in the frame? I think it's a bit too blurry as well, but never hurts to get a second opinion. Thank you for your time. Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5813[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	573.8 KB ID:	1107804
                1. too far, centering, blurry, horizon, overexposed, oversharpened
                2. soft, centering

Comment

1. too far, centering, blurry, horizon, overexposed, oversharpened
                  2. soft, centering
                  Do you mind explaining more on number 2, on the centering? Is it too low, too high etc

Comment

Do you mind explaining more on number 2, on the centering? Is it too low, too high etc
                    Well, to start with there's a huge gap on the right compared to the tiny one on the left.. you can't see that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_37794.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	578.0 KB
ID:	1107827

Also too low in the frame, but you'd need to at least fix the L-R centering first.

Comment

Well, to start with there's a huge gap on the right compared to the tiny one on the left.. you can't see that?

Name:	image_37794.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	578.0 KB
ID:	1107827

Also too low in the frame, but you'd need to at least fix the L-R centering first.
                      Is this crop any better, sharpened a little more as well.

Name:	prescreened1.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	513.7 KB
ID:	1107835

Comment

Is this crop any better, sharpened a little more as well.

Name:	prescreened1.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	513.7 KB
ID:	1107835
                        L-R framing is ok, but still much too low, as I indicated. Tail is soft, if not blurry. If the latter, it is likely not fixable.

Comment

L-R framing is ok, but still much too low, as I indicated. Tail is soft, if not blurry. If the latter, it is likely not fixable.
                          I think the tail is blurry sadly. I have seen a few shots on the DB like below, so I was wondering what you think of it. Click image for larger version

Name:	for_prescreen1.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	561.7 KB
ID:	1107839

Comment

I think the tail is blurry sadly. I have seen a few shots on the DB like below, so I was wondering what you think of it. Click image for larger version

Name:	for_prescreen1.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	561.7 KB
ID:	1107839
                            Oversharpened, overexposed, purple fringing, and poor crop of the winglet.

Comment

Oversharpened, overexposed, purple fringing, and poor crop of the winglet.

Name:	prescreen2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	599.1 KB
ID:	1107882 Is this a little better?

Comment

Working...
                              X