Pre Screening Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neshk16 View Post
    Good Afternoon, I request the following for prescreening, as always thank you for your time.
    All would be rejected, for:

1. overexposed, soft
    2. overexposed, soft, centering, cropping/ratio, horizon
    3. soft/blurry, heat hazed
    4-5. soft, color, overprocessed, centering, dirty, cropping/ratio

Comment

is this better for 1? or is it unfixable
      Attached Files

Comment

is this better for 1? or is it unfixable
        Top of the fuselage is still blown out. Also a blue tint to it, but that's a minor issue.. Seems this from top of the short-term parking? Means no glass, so not sure what would be causing this colour/lack of dynamic range.. what kind of camera are you using?

Comment

This might look better. I think the direction of the sun makes that fuselage too bright.
          I tried to fix the blue tint as much as possible.
          I am using a Canon EOS T5, I know its not the best camera
          Attached Files

Comment

This might look better. I think the direction of the sun makes that fuselage too bright.
            I tried to fix the blue tint as much as possible.
            Sorry, this looks terrible. Poor contrast, white balance much too warm, and still blown out.

I am using a Canon EOS T5, I know its not the best camera
            Should be more than good enough for this kind of shot, so it must be your editing. Are you working from a raw file (.CR2 or similar) or jpeg?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Sorry, this looks terrible. Poor contrast, white balance much too warm, and still blown out.

Should be more than good enough for this kind of shot, so it must be your editing. Are you working from a raw file (.CR2 or similar) or jpeg?
              Using Adobe Lightroom, jpg.

Comment

It might be a good idea to change your camera settings so you shoot in raw for your next spotting trip. Shooting in raw gives you more flexibility when you edit, because when you shoot in jpg, the camera discards “unnecessary” info that you would have if you edited raw.

Comment

That would explain it somewhat, but still shouldn't be seeing such a loss of dynamic range, even with just a jpeg. Was the ISO set relatively high? Or maybe the image compressed straight out of the camera?

Comment

That would explain it somewhat, but still shouldn't be seeing such a loss of dynamic range, even with just a jpeg. Was the ISO set relatively high? Or maybe the image compressed straight out of the camera?
                    Im honestly not sure, might just have been a weird day for the camera, because before, it didn't have this issue. Ill test it out again when I go later.
                    I was shooting in daylight, so i had an ISO of 100, 1/320 on the shutter speed, and an fstop/aperture of F8.0.

Comment

Originally posted by p_t_kin View Post

It might be a good idea to change your camera settings so you shoot in raw for your next spotting trip. Shooting in raw gives you more flexibility when you edit, because when you shoot in jpg, the camera discards “unnecessary” info that you would have if you edited raw.
                      Funny seeing you here, thanks for the tips, ill look into it.

Comment

I found this one in the archives, and wanted a second opinion on it, do you also have any tips while shooting to make sure that raw, the fuselage isn't blown out? Appreciate yalls time
                        Attached Files

Comment

I found this one in the archives, and wanted a second opinion on it
                          Soft, weak contrast.

do you also have any tips while shooting to make sure that raw, the fuselage isn't blown out? Appreciate yalls time
                          Mostly has to do with picking the right time of day/angle to shoot. Other than that, make sure you have the highest amount of dynamic range available to you so that you at least have a chance to recover the highlights (or shadows if the case).

Comment

Mostly has to do with picking the right time of day/angle to shoot. Other than that, make sure you have the highest amount of dynamic range available to you so that you at least have a chance to recover the highlights (or shadows if the case).

What do you mean by picking the right dynamic range? I plan to shoot in raw next time rather than jpeg, what setting should I change? Sorry im still new.

Comment

Is this better? Or is more contrast and sharpening needed
                              Attached Files

Comment

Is this better? Or is more contrast and sharpening needed
                                Slightly improved, but a bit too dark now. Also, can't tell exactly but looks like part of tail may be cropped?

Comment

Working...
                                X