• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• u2o
    replied
    Originally posted by BWI Scott
    Hi,
    Looks like you shot the dark side of the plane.Or the sun was behind clouds.Anyway,try to shoot the sunny side of the planes.

Scott
    yeah the sun was quite difficult with clouds covering it up, without the clouds it should have been the sunny side.

i guess the weather didnt help much, weather forecast predicted Sunny (which is why i went on that day plus the fact that wind was westerly) but in fact it was just cloudy.

so would i be able to get the ANA accepted with contrast/brightness down or shall i just forget about that and move on?

Leave a comment:

• PP-VRA
    replied
    Originally posted by BA747-436
    PP-VRA - a little to much contrast and brightness on that one
    Ah thanks mate. If he reduces the brightness and contrast I guess it would be decent wouldn't it?
    But I think that the lighting doesn't help much either... (yeah it's London I know )

Leave a comment:

• BA747-436
    replied
    PP-VRA - a little to much contrast and brightness on that one

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Will: Nothing to thank about. You just showed, what I first wanted to explain

u20: You can try to fix blurry pics by sharpening them. But, once a picture is too blurry (and it doesn't need much), then the pic is gone, whatever you try. Look at the positive side: learn from this for your next pics. Control the settings of your camera, try to pan more shots to get a better feeling. Paning is not as easy as it sounds. But the results can be nice, as for example here:
    First aircraft to land at ZRH that day, some minutes before 6.00 AM. I'm pretty happy with the result, considering it was taken handheld with 1/30s. - Photo taken at Zurich (- Kloten) (ZRH / LSZH) in Switzerland on May 24, 2003.

(Sorry for that lil' plug )

Cheers
    Gerardo

Leave a comment:

• BWI Scott
    replied
    Hi,
    Looks like you shot the dark side of the plane.Or the sun was behind clouds.Anyway,try to shoot the sunny side of the planes.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• PP-VRA
    replied
    That was what I could do. What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Crazy764
    replied
    Woohoo! Thanks Gerardo!

Leave a comment:

• u2o
    replied
    ok thnx

whats the best way of fixin the blurness of my pics? surely they arent TOO blured, or are they?

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Nope, will, yours is more wha twe are looking for: a tighter crop, less noise, and it looks much better. The original had simply way too much dead space around the aircraft. The uploaded version had perhaps too much contrast.

The others are simply too blurry. By sharpening them, you tried to compensate the blurryness, the problem is, they got too oversharpened.

Cheers
    Gerardo

Leave a comment:

• u2o
    replied
    ah well thanks for your time anyway, i think my panning was OK so I guess i could do with a nice new camera.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy764
    replied
    I think mine is even worse.

Oh well, I tried.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy764
    replied

Leave a comment:

• u2o
    replied
    hi thanks Crazy764 i thought the ANA was pretty good too and i was pleased with it.

here's the original

you can see its not that good (beauty of 2MP...), i had to change the level and USM to get it to what i uploaded.

thanks for your help btw i appreciate it

Leave a comment:

• Crazy764
    replied
    I thought the ANA 747 is really good.

Upload the original, or send it to [email protected].
    I'll give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• u2o
    replied
    Cheers

i guess i was much worse than i thought at first, although i shoot photos for my own pleasure and not for upload i was thinkin my best ones would get accepted and have a nice little portfolio here. i guess the standard's high.

anyway only got one accepted, 10 rejected

any of these worth appealing?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=236304 <<i thought this was good quality

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=236276 << my favourite shot

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=236253 << hmm...

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

anyhow full credits to JP screeners, very quick and keeps the flow

Leave a comment:

Working...
X