X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llpilch View Post
    Hi, please some help here:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10392896

I can't see any sign of over processing or bad post processing, no halo at all, no noise reduction, looks normal.

About the horizon: there is no good reference, the horizon itself is not visble due to rugged terrain, but the photo looks ok. There's only a tower hard to be seen above the tail, and a pole under the tail, wich looks vertical. By the way, not reliable references since it is too much to the left of the frame, taken with a wide lens. More to the center there is some equipment with vertical lines which looks ok also. The plane doesn't seem to be "climbing or descending a hill"
    Banding visible in the sky. May be compression rather than processing. Needs CW rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Banding visible in the sky. May be compression rather than processing. Needs CW rotation.
      Hi, asking for help with the same photo again

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10459184

First, thanks for the tip of the horizon, taking another look I had to agree with the unlevel, so I applied 0,3 CW, looks better!

Now about the vignetting, which wasn't even an issue on the first rejection: there is no vignette at all, dark corners are visible only in the upper part of the image, the lenses does vignette in all corners. The image was taken in the early moments of dawn at about 45 minutes before sunrise, the sun rises exactly in that part of the sky seen in the image (see planet Venus next to the tail), that part is more lit than the rest of the sky, it's natural, just a bit up this frame the sky was black.
      It is an 4 seconds exposure image, the sky was very dark.

And then comes again the overprocessed/bad post processed. I'm assuming it is due to the banding again, which is way weaker than the first rejected upload and should not be a problem, but as I said: dawn, dark sky, a lot of orange tones in a fading to black sky, pollution and dust in the air from a big and dry-weather city close to the horizon, even in the raw file some banding is visible, imagine it after converting to a 8 bit JPG in sRGB color space! It is impossible this conditions will provide a smooth color transition...

I attached a print screen of the original RAW. In this image only the color profile and and lens correction were applied as my Lightroom is set to do it by default when importing the files.
      Notice how the corners in the sky are dark even with the lens correction and the ground are not, how the pollution close to the horizon creates a strong and sharp division between the orange and the black, how the sky fades to darkness to the left, right, and up.

Plus, see how the image was cropped cutting off the corners, the most affected area by vignette

Sorry for the long text, thanks in advance for your attention and help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by llpilch View Post

Hi, asking for help with the same photo again
        Can't really say much about the vignetting. It is there, probably should have been mentioned in the first rejection.

As for the bad processing, I've contacted the screener involved to see what they thought the issue was, and I'll post here when I find out.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Can't really say much about the vignetting. It is there, probably should have been mentioned in the first rejection.

As for the bad processing, I've contacted the screener involved to see what they thought the issue was, and I'll post here when I find out.
          ok, thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X