llpilch - prescreening request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llpilch View Post
    Hi, is the blurred guy next to the nose an obstruction on the 737?
    Maybe. Ok for me, but maybe not for others.

Will the engine close-up be similar with this nose close? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10194330 (same plane, date and airport)
    I would consider it similar.

Comment

Dana, can you help me with this?
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

What is overprocessed? Why contrast? Seems ok visually and on the histogram.
      Don't think the backlit is an issue here, the sun was above the plane. I really like the clouds and it's reflections on the wing..

Comment

Dana, can you help me with this?
        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

What is overprocessed? Why contrast? Seems ok visually and on the histogram.
        Don't think the backlit is an issue here, the sun was above the plane. I really like the clouds and it's reflections on the wing..
        I'm not sure why backlit, but the shadows do look very unnatural.

Comment

Hi!

I got this rejection by horizon unlevel, how is it now?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi!

I got this rejection by horizon unlevel, how is it now?
            Don't see much of a difference, and I think it needed CCW anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Don't see much of a difference, and I think it needed CCW anyway.
              I will ask for your help then, because I really like this picture with this light and the background!

Well, it was rejected, I appealed it because even with the picture looking a little bit unlevel due to the angle, a lot of vertical stuffs were ok:
              • green building next do the nose gear;
              • white cable car pillar next to the engine;
              • light pole next to the main gear;
              • building under the red painting of the tail;
              • (I don't trust on the light pole next do nose gear, it's more crooked to the right than the others).

All of this were ok even looking on the original size photo, but the appeal was rejected and the screener said it needed CW. The picture I uploaded on my previous post is with only 0,5° CW, and now I agree with you, it looks like needs CCW =(

Look the attached file, it's the uploaded and rejected photo, look the white pillar compared to the edge of the photo! Well, can I appeal it again?
              Attached Files

Comment

I will ask for your help then, because I really like this picture with this light and the background!

Well, it was rejected, I appealed it because even with the picture looking a little bit unlevel due to the angle, a lot of vertical stuffs were ok:
                • green building next do the nose gear;
                • white cable car pillar next to the engine;
                • light pole next to the main gear;
                • building under the red painting of the tail;
                • (I don't trust on the light pole next do nose gear, it's more crooked to the right than the others).

All of this were ok even looking on the original size photo, but the appeal was rejected and the screener said it needed CW. The picture I uploaded on my previous post is with only 0,5° CW, and now I agree with you, it looks like needs CCW =(

Look the attached file, it's the uploaded and rejected photo, look the white pillar compared to the edge of the photo! Well, can I appeal it again?
                Since we request you come here before appealing and the image has already been appealed, I will no longer comment on it. Please read this page when you get the chance (again), and note that it asks you to seek advice before appealing, not after.

Comment

Since we request you come here before appealing and the image has already been appealed, I will no longer comment on it. Please read this page when you get the chance (again), and note that it asks you to seek advice before appealing, not after.

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew
                  Hi Dana!

Well, that is the rule, ok, my bad.

But I must say that I do believe it's not cool. I don't feel good about wasting your time asking for an advice for a rejection that looks so clear that was a mistake and I can easily explain why I think it was a mistake, like I did. And I affirm that it was a mistake because I can see the original file where is more easy to see that it is not unlevel. Plus, one screener said it needed CW, you said it needed CCW, even if a appealed after asking here, it could be rejected since the screeners doesn't always agree, you could say it's ok to appeal but other screener could reject.

Just to be clear, I'm not here to judge or complain about what I believe to be a mistake, it happens and it's ok.
                  I understand you want to avoid the unecessary appeals, but as visible on the full size crop I sent above, this was not the case. Just wanted to see if we could find another solution, because with only 20 slots and the queue taking 13 days, it is disappointing to loose a slot for 14 days and reduce the acceptance ratio by mistake.

Stay safe!

Comment

Hi, can this be accepted? (the photo is no longer on queue, just wanted to check with the JP's equalize).

I tried a lot on Lightroom to remove the vignette (actually I went to far on reducing the vignette as the extreme corners are starting to become too clear), but the fact is that the issue is not a darker corner like a vignette, the problem is the center that for some reason received more light than the corners, some issue with the lens wich for me is impossible do fix on editing
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, can this be accepted? (the photo is no longer on queue, just wanted to check with the JP's equalize).

I tried a lot on Lightroom to remove the vignette (actually I went to far on reducing the vignette as the extreme corners are starting to become too clear), but the fact is that the issue is not a darker corner like a vignette, the problem is the center that for some reason received more light than the corners, some issue with the lens wich for me is impossible do fix on editing
                      Can't really pre-screen a thumbnail, though the equalized version does seem to show some kind of processing issue.

Comment

Sorry, don't know what happened, just saved the photo and uploaded here.

here it goes again.

About the equalized, do you believe that is not an issue with the processing? I made nothing different from the other photos that i'm uploading from that day. It probrably happened due to a combination of the lens and a teleconverter I was using for the smaller planes, and I really can't fix it on lightroom
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, don't know what happened, just saved the photo and uploaded here.

here it goes again.
                          Borderline soft/noisy/color/vignetting.

About the equalized, do you believe that is not an issue with the processing? I made nothing different from the other photos that i'm uploading from that day. It probrably happened due to a combination of the lens and a teleconverter I was using for the smaller planes, and I really can't fix it on lightroom
                          In that case, likely a case of extreme vignetting.

Comment

Hi, I have these 2 photos of LX-NCL accepted:

LX-NCL. Boeing 747-4EVERF. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The following attached photos will be similar?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I have these 2 photos of LX-NCL accepted:

LX-NCL. Boeing 747-4EVERF. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The following attached photos will be similar?
                              If the dates are different enough the second, and perhaps even the first shouldn't be considered similar.

Comment

If the dates are different enough the second, and perhaps even the first shouldn't be considered similar.
                                Less than a year between them, the already accepted photos were taken at september 2020, those 2 that I want to upload now were taken this week, july 2021

In my opinion the first of my last post, with this morning light and low fog, is a lot more beautiful than this one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9984776
                                Is it allowed to remove a picture to upload another?

Comment

Working...
                                X