• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• llpilch
    replied
    Hi!

Can I have some advice here? looks ok for me
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Hi,
    2nd and 5th ones are the best in terms of composition and the only ones who have a chance to get accepted but no guarantees, only talking about the composition

regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• llpilch
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    Hi,
    There's some good ideas going on here but....
    - too much empty space - planes need to be more centered
    - nothing seems on focus, making it most of the frame soft or even blurry

For the futur, such shots needs the "other location - xxx" and you need to select the leading plane or the closest from you

So yes, such photos can be accepted but they are much harder to take as a lot of planning is needed, and many factors can ruin it.

Regards
    Alex
    Thanks Alex!

About the soft it was my fault, It was edited in 1920px but I uploaded here a wrong version in 1200px.

Ok I understand! A little sad because I really like that composition, the background, the colorfull flowers, etc. and based on what I see on my Instagram, I think people would like it hehehe. It's a nice place from my city, an unique opportunity, and I'm actually trying something different, you know? Not just the normal photo of the exhibition planes doing another exhibition, I want to show how beautifull it was and the place was a part of it.

Can I bother you asking to take a look at other pictures taken yesterday, if any of them has a chance? The first one is the same picture with a tighter crop. Also other 4 pictures with a crop that give a litle more emphasis to the sky with the planes and it's smoke and less ground. 3 of them (the less cropped) are in 1920px, I believe that the bigger size helps to improve the picture and not let the planes so small.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Hi,
    There's some good ideas going on here but....
    - too much empty space - planes need to be more centered
    - nothing seems on focus, making it most of the frame soft or even blurry

For the futur, such shots needs the "other location - xxx" and you need to select the leading plane or the closest from you

So yes, such photos can be accepted but they are much harder to take as a lot of planning is needed, and many factors can ruin it.

Regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• llpilch
    replied
    Hi!!

Can a photo like this be accepted? Sometimes I see here some awesome photos with a small plane in a composition with a great background, so I thought that perhaps it is not a "bad motive" rejection.. the sky with the aviation-related motive is occupying a large space of the frame.

What do you think?

If it is an acceptable photo, how should I upload it? In the location it will be the city and "off airport", right? What about the airplane? May I chose the registration of one of the planes of the squadron?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• llpilch
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Some noise is acceptable for night shots like this, but it is far too much in this image. Aircraft is also quite soft, so no chance I'm afraid.
    yeah, after I post it here I saw it again and find out some problems with the sharpness too. I'll try to edit it again and see if I can get something better. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by llpilch View Post
    hello! what about this picture?

As it needs to be shot with high ISO setting it's natural that the quality is lost, can this be accepted for the difficulty of doing this kind of photo at night?

the ISO was higher than the other photo like this that I have accpeted, the quality is lower this time
    Some noise is acceptable for night shots like this, but it is far too much in this image. Aircraft is also quite soft, so no chance I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• llpilch
    replied
    hello! what about this picture?

As it needs to be shot with high ISO setting it's natural that the quality is lost, can this be accepted for the difficulty of doing this kind of photo at night?

the ISO was higher than the other photo like this that I have accpeted, the quality is lower this time
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Less than a year between them, the already accepted photos were taken at september 2020, those 2 that I want to upload now were taken this week, july 2021

In my opinion the first of my last post, with this morning light and low fog, is a lot more beautiful than this one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9984776
    Is it allowed to remove a picture to upload another?
    Yes, you can delete your own images if you so choose.

Leave a comment:

• llpilch
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

If the dates are different enough the second, and perhaps even the first shouldn't be considered similar.
    Less than a year between them, the already accepted photos were taken at september 2020, those 2 that I want to upload now were taken this week, july 2021

In my opinion the first of my last post, with this morning light and low fog, is a lot more beautiful than this one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9984776
    Is it allowed to remove a picture to upload another?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, I have these 2 photos of LX-NCL accepted:

LX-NCL. Boeing 747-4EVERF. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The following attached photos will be similar?
    If the dates are different enough the second, and perhaps even the first shouldn't be considered similar.

Leave a comment:

• llpilch
    replied
    Hi, I have these 2 photos of LX-NCL accepted:

LX-NCL. Boeing 747-4EVERF. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The following attached photos will be similar?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Sorry, don't know what happened, just saved the photo and uploaded here.

here it goes again.
    Borderline soft/noisy/color/vignetting.

About the equalized, do you believe that is not an issue with the processing? I made nothing different from the other photos that i'm uploading from that day. It probrably happened due to a combination of the lens and a teleconverter I was using for the smaller planes, and I really can't fix it on lightroom
    In that case, likely a case of extreme vignetting.

Leave a comment:

• llpilch
    replied
    Sorry, don't know what happened, just saved the photo and uploaded here.

here it goes again.

About the equalized, do you believe that is not an issue with the processing? I made nothing different from the other photos that i'm uploading from that day. It probrably happened due to a combination of the lens and a teleconverter I was using for the smaller planes, and I really can't fix it on lightroom
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, can this be accepted? (the photo is no longer on queue, just wanted to check with the JP's equalize).

I tried a lot on Lightroom to remove the vignette (actually I went to far on reducing the vignette as the extreme corners are starting to become too clear), but the fact is that the issue is not a darker corner like a vignette, the problem is the center that for some reason received more light than the corners, some issue with the lens wich for me is impossible do fix on editing
    Can't really pre-screen a thumbnail, though the equalized version does seem to show some kind of processing issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X