• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like an editing advice on this one:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5724R.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1128556 The image shows up as overexposed on the histogram as I upload (it is withdrawn from queue now):

Yet I'm unable to determine where or how is the image overexposed as the histogram appears fine on my editing software (Photoshop 2021).

Name:	Histogram.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	1128557
    It gets worse when I apply a 40% 0.4 pixels USM sharpening which I usually do after cropping the image. Wonder what could be causing the problem and how could I fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Hammer View Post
      Would like an editing advice on this one:

Name:	IMG_5724R.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1128556 The image shows up as overexposed on the histogram as I upload (it is withdrawn from queue now):

Yet I'm unable to determine where or how is the image overexposed as the histogram appears fine on my editing software (Photoshop 2021).

Name:	Histogram.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	1128557
      It gets worse when I apply a 40% 0.4 pixels USM sharpening which I usually do after cropping the image. Wonder what could be causing the problem and how could I fix it.
      Histogram is a guide. Overall, the image's exposure looks acceptable to me.

Comment

Quick question: for ITA Airways aircraft still in Alitalia livery should we upload as ITA Airways or Alitalia? It appears that ITA Airways aircraft with Alitalia livery are still being uploaded as Alitalia while those with updated livery are uploaded as ITA Airways.

Comment

Would like a prescreening for this one: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8063R2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	772.2 KB
ID:	1129738 The halo effect was present on the original image before any editing and lens correction was off. The issue appeared on this image only. The histogram also looked quite weird to me, so I'd like your opinions. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Would like a prescreening for this one:
            Borderline soft.

Comment

Would like a prescreening for this one, especially about the horizon. Currently, I use the lamp pole for vertical alignment but it seems weird. Should I use the vertical edges of the power unit instead or other references?

Name:	IMG_0477R2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	1130196

Comment

Would like a prescreening for this one, especially about the horizon. Currently, I use the lamp pole for vertical alignment but it seems weird. Should I use the vertical edges of the power unit instead or other references?
                Can't tell for sure, but the verticals do seem to be leaning a bit to the right.

Comment

Greetings! I'd like a prescreening for these two images, particularly about the partial heat distortion issue. In both cases the horizontal stabilizers seem to be slightly affected by the heat generated by the engine or the APU. I'd like to know if they're within an acceptable level or I need a smaller resolution to hide it. Thanks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Greetings! I'd like a prescreening for these two images, particularly about the partial heat distortion issue. In both cases the horizontal stabilizers seem to be slightly affected by the heat generated by the engine or the APU. I'd like to know if they're within an acceptable level or I need a smaller resolution to hide it. Thanks!
                    Indeed, quality not really there for 1920pix, especially the first. Second also dark.

Comment

• I'd like a prescreening for a re-upload. Most notably advice on contrast / dark tones. The image was re-edited. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9038J1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1183000Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	27
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	1183001

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight Hammer View Post
                        I'd like a prescreening for a re-upload. Most notably advice on contrast / dark tones. The image was re-edited.
                        Contrast is weak. Compare to left side:

Name:	IMG_9038J1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	1183004

Comment

Working...
                        X