X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Knight Hammer View Post
    I'd like a prescreening for a re-upload. Most notably advice on contrast / dark tones. The image was re-edited.
    Contrast is weak. Compare to left side:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9038J1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	1183004

Leave a comment:

• Knight Hammer
    replied
    I'd like a prescreening for a re-upload. Most notably advice on contrast / dark tones. The image was re-edited. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9038J1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1183000Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	27
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	1183001

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Greetings! I'd like a prescreening for these two images, particularly about the partial heat distortion issue. In both cases the horizontal stabilizers seem to be slightly affected by the heat generated by the engine or the APU. I'd like to know if they're within an acceptable level or I need a smaller resolution to hide it. Thanks!
    Indeed, quality not really there for 1920pix, especially the first. Second also dark.

Leave a comment:

• Knight Hammer
    replied
    Greetings! I'd like a prescreening for these two images, particularly about the partial heat distortion issue. In both cases the horizontal stabilizers seem to be slightly affected by the heat generated by the engine or the APU. I'd like to know if they're within an acceptable level or I need a smaller resolution to hide it. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Would like a prescreening for this one, especially about the horizon. Currently, I use the lamp pole for vertical alignment but it seems weird. Should I use the vertical edges of the power unit instead or other references?
    Can't tell for sure, but the verticals do seem to be leaning a bit to the right.

Leave a comment:

• Knight Hammer
    replied
    Would like a prescreening for this one, especially about the horizon. Currently, I use the lamp pole for vertical alignment but it seems weird. Should I use the vertical edges of the power unit instead or other references?

Name:	IMG_0477R2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	1130196

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Would like a prescreening for this one:
    Borderline soft.

Leave a comment:

• Knight Hammer
    replied
    Would like a prescreening for this one: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8063R2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	772.2 KB
ID:	1129738 The halo effect was present on the original image before any editing and lens correction was off. The issue appeared on this image only. The histogram also looked quite weird to me, so I'd like your opinions. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• Knight Hammer
    replied
    Quick question: for ITA Airways aircraft still in Alitalia livery should we upload as ITA Airways or Alitalia? It appears that ITA Airways aircraft with Alitalia livery are still being uploaded as Alitalia while those with updated livery are uploaded as ITA Airways.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Would like an editing advice on this one:

Name:	IMG_5724R.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1128556 The image shows up as overexposed on the histogram as I upload (it is withdrawn from queue now):

Yet I'm unable to determine where or how is the image overexposed as the histogram appears fine on my editing software (Photoshop 2021).

Name:	Histogram.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	1128557
    It gets worse when I apply a 40% 0.4 pixels USM sharpening which I usually do after cropping the image. Wonder what could be causing the problem and how could I fix it.
    Histogram is a guide. Overall, the image's exposure looks acceptable to me.

Leave a comment:

• Knight Hammer
    replied
    Would like an editing advice on this one:

Name:	IMG_5724R.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1128556 The image shows up as overexposed on the histogram as I upload (it is withdrawn from queue now):

Yet I'm unable to determine where or how is the image overexposed as the histogram appears fine on my editing software (Photoshop 2021).

Name:	Histogram.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	1128557
    It gets worse when I apply a 40% 0.4 pixels USM sharpening which I usually do after cropping the image. Wonder what could be causing the problem and how could I fix it.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Would like a prescreening for the horizon leveling for these ones: which background object should I use for vertical alignment? Or should I have leveled with horizontal references (fences or runway)?
    Verticals in the background should be used. Last one might need a little CCW, but otherwise don't see any major issues with horizon on these.

Leave a comment:

• Knight Hammer
    replied
    Would like a prescreening for the horizon leveling for these ones: which background object should I use for vertical alignment? Or should I have leveled with horizontal references (fences or runway)?

Name:	IMG_3936R.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	1127302Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3852R.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1127303Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3092R.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	1127304

Leave a comment:

• Knight Hammer
    replied
    Image was accepted via appeal. Please ignore prior posts.

Leave a comment:

• Knight Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Calvin L View Post

The contrast base on the histogram it didn't span the entire bar, on the left there is little none
    Further increasing contrast (even by a lot) doesn't yield much difference on the histogram. Let's wait for a screener to explain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X