X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felipe Garcia
    replied
    Originally posted by tristar501 View Post
    OK thank you, got it! I'll rework the original file any try to eliminate this.
    Look at your save settings, and export/save at the highest quality, anything lower than that you'll start to see compression. If you use both Lightroom and Photoshop, check on both programs that you're exporting at 100% quality.

Leave a comment:

• tristar501
    replied
    OK thank you, got it! I'll rework the original file any try to eliminate this.

Leave a comment:

• iad.spotter
    replied
    Originally posted by tristar501 View Post
    Dear all,

I had this picture rejected today because of "over processed / bad post processing" and "jpg compression artefacts":

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8901358

I tried to figure out what's wrong and tried to find the spots that led to the rejection, but I simply can't find anything (sure there must be something wrong with the sky). I didn't do anything unusual with this pic and didn't sharpen the sky, just contrast and resizing.
    Can anyone please give me a hint?

Thank you,
    Andreas
    Hello,
    I don't see any over-processing but the banding in the sky is very visible which is what led to the compression rejection. I hope this helps.

Ben

Leave a comment:

• Leo 747
    replied
    The layering/banding on the sky can be visible - although very faintly - without needing to equalize.
    I don't see halos, though, but the banding is there.

Leave a comment:

• PabloGlez
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
    Not a screener - but - I can tell you if you hit the check for dust option on the rejected image, you can see the layering and compression in the sky - that is more than likely what caused the rejection I would think. Not knowing your editing flow, can't say what caused it, but sometimes on my D3 - images come off the sensor like that with camera settings that have gone awry and me not checking.
    Im neither a screener, but, it looks more a problem of exporting than a sensor issue, I have had the same problem and it looks different.

Leave a comment:

• MarkLawrence
    replied
    Not a screener - but - I can tell you if you hit the check for dust option on the rejected image, you can see the layering and compression in the sky - that is more than likely what caused the rejection I would think. Not knowing your editing flow, can't say what caused it, but sometimes on my D3 - images come off the sensor like that with camera settings that have gone awry and me not checking.

Leave a comment:

• Rejection help - over processed / bad postprocessing

Dear all,

I had this picture rejected today because of "over processed / bad post processing" and "jpg compression artefacts":

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8901358

I tried to figure out what's wrong and tried to find the spots that led to the rejection, but I simply can't find anything (sure there must be something wrong with the sky). I didn't do anything unusual with this pic and didn't sharpen the sky, just contrast and resizing.
    Can anyone please give me a hint?

Thank you,
    Andreas
Working...
X