Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisZ755 - Editing Advice

Hello everyone,

I've been uploading photos since 2019 but this is the first time I post a thread here. I did some edits to the photo already but I'm not fully confident. I'm looking for some advice to improve this photo further, any feedback or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Chris Z.
    Air Canada 7M8

Originally posted by ChrisZ755 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've been uploading photos since 2019 but this is the first time I post a thread here. I did some edits to the photo already but I'm not fully confident. I'm looking for some advice to improve this photo further, any feedback or help would be appreciated!
    A few minor issues (slight red cast & halos, contrast is a bit harsh, poorly removed dust spots), but should be relatively easy to fix up.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

A few minor issues (slight red cast & halos, contrast is a bit harsh, poorly removed dust spots), but should be relatively easy to fix up.
      Thank you for your reply! I was able to do some edits to the photo today, here's the result:

Edit: the two photos look extremely similar in the browser, but they are two different pictures. I can see the differences easily in Lightroom. I uploaded a screenshot of them as well, the "Reference" is the old one, the "Active" is the one edited today.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply! I was able to do some edits to the photo today, here's the result:

Edit: the two photos look extremely similar in the browser, but they are two different pictures. I can see the differences easily in Lightroom. I uploaded a screenshot of them as well, the "Reference" is the old one, the "Active" is the one edited today.
        I'll take your word that you've actually made some changes, but if so they are barely noticeable, and certainly not enough to change the previous verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

I'll take your word that you've actually made some changes, but if so they are barely noticeable, and certainly not enough to change the previous verdict.
          Sorry, I just fixed it by exporting the image to PNG instead of JPG, then I saved it as JPG again. Now the color looks correct, here's the photo:
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I just fixed it by exporting the image to PNG instead of JPG, then I saved it as JPG again. Now the color looks correct, here's the photo:
            Color is better. Editing halos remain.

Comment

I tried to eliminate them on Sunday and yesterday with the clone stamp tool (I was on a business trip last week), but it didn't do anything at all. Do you know an efficient way of removing the halos? Sorry for the dumb question.

Chris Z.

Comment

I tried to eliminate them on Sunday and yesterday with the clone stamp tool (I was on a business trip last week), but it didn't do anything at all. Do you know an efficient way of removing the halos? Sorry for the dumb question.

Chris Z.
                Definitely not with the clone stamp. That will end up getting you a manipulation rejection, and possibly a ban if it looks like you've tried to remove an object.

Only way to 'remove' them is avoid them in the first place. Reprocess the image leaving out whichever step introduced them in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                X