Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KampfHase - Rejection/Screening advice

Hi Team,

in the last couple of months the majority of my rejections are "File Errors". I have absolutely no clue what I am doing wrong that these pictures are not received by your servers properly.

After upload, I am able to add a watermark on the full resolution picture. Also, in both the upload queue and the screening results email there is a thumbnail of the picture displayed correctly, so the server must have received my picture.

I am quite curious to know what is wrong on my side. I need to reupload these pictures (reuploads of the same files are always screened fine in the second try), I have to wait another ~10 days for screening, I am losing two upload slots for the reject and the reupload...

Please tell me, is there anything you know that causes this error? Here are two recent examples.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thank you very much in advance

-Oliver
    Oliver Richter

Hi, what's the file format/structure you are using to save your photos? Are there any strange characters in the file name for example?

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
      Hi, what's the file format/structure you are using to save your photos? Are there any strange characters in the file name for example?
      The file names of the these two examples were:

2021-04-10 (5).jpg
      2021-04-10 (.jpg

All of my files are named like this. If the brackets are the culprit all of my other uploads should have the same error.
      Oliver Richter

Comment

I'd try uploading without the brackets and no spaces and see what happens.

Comment

Hi guys,

sorry to open a new topic here but I am slowly despairing here with rejections due to horizon unlevel. I already explained everything in both an appeal and in a reupload under comment to screeners, both unheard.

I took pictures inside the "Aeroseum" - an aviation museum inside a former World War bunker at Gothenburg Säve airport in Sweden. When entering the bunker, the first section of the museum is going downwards. The floor is constantly sloping downwards until you reach the first door. Better seen on a map like this --> click.

Aircraft are already parked there, on the sloping floor. The only vertical references you can find there are vertical pipes on the wall for the sprinkler system.

I now used these pipes as reference when leveling my photos. All of them were rejected despite the comment I made explaining the situation.

Two of these pictures are linked here. Both are new aircraft for the db and 100% leveled to the left pipe visible in the picture.

Can please some admin reconsider these pics given the circumstances I explained here? I assume there will be no chance to get pictures of these aircraft outside the bunker.

Thank you very much!
          -Oli

Oliver Richter

Comment

Originally posted by KampfHase View Post
            Hi guys,

sorry to open a new topic here but I am slowly despairing here with rejections due to horizon unlevel. I already explained everything in both an appeal and in a reupload under comment to screeners, both unheard.

I took pictures inside the "Aeroseum" - an aviation museum inside a former World War bunker at Gothenburg Säve airport in Sweden. When entering the bunker, the first section of the museum is going downwards. The floor is constantly sloping downwards until you reach the first door. Better seen on a map like this --> click.

Aircraft are already parked there, on the sloping floor. The only vertical references you can find there are vertical pipes on the wall for the sprinkler system.

I now used these pipes as reference when leveling my photos. All of them were rejected despite the comment I made explaining the situation.

Two of these pictures are linked here. Both are new aircraft for the db and 100% leveled to the left pipe visible in the picture.

Can please some admin reconsider these pics given the circumstances I explained here? I assume there will be no chance to get pictures of these aircraft outside the bunker.

Thank you very much!
            -Oli

Tricky, but I think you are probably right. Discussed it with other senior crew, and we think they're ok to be added

Comment

Thank you very much!
              Oliver Richter

Comment

Can please someone help me with these 2 rejects:

Both of them have been taking while the sky was on fire on sunset. You can even see the sky in the cockpit windows of the first one. This is how it looked with the naked eye, you know it is also changing in minutes. The second picture has been taken only 2 minutes after the other one, and the sunset was gone. I don't know why this has also been rejected. It is still a little bit pink due to the sunset, but also illuminated by the hangar lights off the frame on the right. The saturation slider for both pics in Lightroom are at +-0, everything else would look unreal.

I have also taken two mobile shots a few minutes later because the sky really was spectacular:

Could you please reconsider them, that's really how it looked like on that evening. It was the only sun we saw the whole day
                Oliver Richter

Comment

Can please someone help me with these 2 rejects:

Both of them have been taking while the sky was on fire on sunset. You can even see the sky in the cockpit windows of the first one. This is how it looked with the naked eye, you know it is also changing in minutes. The second picture has been taken only 2 minutes after the other one, and the sunset was gone. I don't know why this has also been rejected. It is still a little bit pink due to the sunset, but also illuminated by the hangar lights off the frame on the right. The saturation slider for both pics in Lightroom are at +-0, everything else would look unreal.

I have also taken two mobile shots a few minutes later because the sky really was spectacular:

Could you please reconsider them, that's really how it looked like on that evening. It was the only sun we saw the whole day
                  Hi, please read here carefully when you get the chance:

I've combined all of your previous threads, but in the future please post all queries in the same thread.

First image has a strong magenta cast, but the second would have been ok for me, so I can't offer much advice on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                    I've combined all of your previous threads, but in the future please post all queries in the same thread.
                    Okay will do. This didn't have to do with prescreening so...

First image has a strong magenta cast
                    ... caused by the magenta sky, like you see in the mobile phone shots.

but the second would have been ok for me
                    I'll try an appeal for that one. Thank you!
                    Oliver Richter

Comment

Can please someone explain me what is wrong with the data of this picture:

aircraft is owned by the EAA, according to their museum website and the FAA, and it’s on display in their museum at KOSH airport.

also this one please:

It is also owned by the EAA, and is on display in their hangar at the Pioneer airport, not museum. It also is taken with a wide angle lens, so the edges are leaning, but the center of the picture should be upright.
                      Oliver Richter

Comment

Can please someone explain me what is wrong with the data of this picture:

aircraft is owned by the EAA, according to their museum website and the FAA, and it’s on display in their museum at KOSH airport.

also this one please:

It is also owned by the EAA, and is on display in their hangar at the Pioneer airport, not museum. It also is taken with a wide angle lens, so the edges are leaning, but the center of the picture should be upright.
                        You have posted your question in the photo processing forum. Perhaps you should post in a more appropriate place?

This is the forum to ask questions about the info/data that goes with your photos, including aircraft types, photo categories, etc.

Comment

Some admin renamed my thread here „rejection advice“.

I do not want to open a new thread for each advice I need.
                          Oliver Richter

Comment

Can please someone take a look at this reject:

I suppose you mean the "halo" around the cockpit. It is all natural. Here is a unedited version of that picture. You can see that the clouds are not lightened by any editing.
                            If this would have been caused by editing you would also see this at the spinner or the tail.

Attached Files
                            Oliver Richter

Comment

Can please someone take a look at this reject:

I suppose you mean the "halo" around the cockpit. It is all natural. Here is a unedited version of that picture. You can see that the clouds are not lightened by any editing.
                              If this would have been caused by editing you would also see this at the spinner or the tail.
                              There is a light halo along the whole top of the fuselage, in addition to the cockpit.

Comment

Working...
                              X