Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AB_Siddique View Post
    Hi dlowwa,
    requesting another set of photos for prescreeining. Please suggest me particular problems to overcome. Thanks in advance for your time.
    Borderline heat haze/sharpening issues for all of them; 3 and 5 also have horizon and contrast issues, the latter of which is not fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Borderline heat haze/sharpening issues for all of them; 3 and 5 also have horizon and contrast issues, the latter of which is not fixable.
      Noted with thanks

Comment

Dlowwa, asking your help. I really want to find and understand my post process problems. I shoot raw. After transfer in camera raw, for this one photo-
        1. Lens correction and Sharpen.
        2. Increased exposer, contrast, vibrancy.
        3. applied dehaze.
        after opening in Ps, just resize to 1280x720 and applied USM.

would you please suggest me some post processing guidelines I can use positively...
        Thanks in advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1313-1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	757.0 KB
ID:	1125922

Comment

Dlowwa, asking your help. I really want to find and understand my post process problems. I shoot raw. After transfer in camera raw, for this one photo-
          1. Lens correction and Sharpen.
          2. Increased exposer, contrast, vibrancy.
          3. applied dehaze.
          after opening in Ps, just resize to 1280x720 and applied USM.

would you please suggest me some post processing guidelines I can use positively...
          Don't touch vibrancy/dehaze (they should be set to 0). Those two settings often cause overprocessed rejections, and the washed out contrast seen in your images.

Otherwise workflows will be different for each person, and each image. More than editing, I think the conditions (heat haze, hazy skies) might be affecting the quality of your images.

Comment

Don't touch vibrancy/dehaze (they should be set to 0). Those two settings often cause overprocessed rejections, and the washed out contrast seen in your images.

Otherwise workflows will be different for each person, and each image. More than editing, I think the conditions (heat haze, hazy skies) might be affecting the quality of your images.
            Thankyou dlowwa. Ok, will try the suggestions of you. Yes the natural sky is not good in VGHS as another terminal construction on going.

Comment

Good day dear. Tried to follow your previous suggestions. Would you please have a look to this one, if it improved...? Touched nothing just shapen and increased exposer, and color profile to as camera.

Thanks in advance.

Name:	Oman Air B787-9 A4O-SC 28.9.21.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	898.4 KB
ID:	1126049

Comment

Good day dear. Tried to follow your previous suggestions. Would you please have a look to this one, if it improved...? Touched nothing just shapen and increased exposer, and color profile to as camera.
                Borderline overexposed, and there are some sharpening artefacts visible, though can't really tell if they are due to heat haze or bad editing.

Comment

Borderline overexposed, and there are some sharpening artefacts visible, though can't really tell if they are due to heat haze or bad editing.
                  Can i try and give this one once again please? If you agree. I am thinking that one photo I have to understand the perimeters. One ok, then i can follow that keeping in mind...

Comment

Can i try and give this one once again please? If you agree. I am thinking that one photo I have to understand the perimeters. One ok, then i can follow that keeping in mind...
                    Can you show a 100% crop so we can see if the quality is actually there?

Comment

Can you show a 100% crop so we can see if the quality is actually there?
                      Hello. didn't knew how to do that. here giving 100% crop of actual sized image (no resize and crop)
                      feeling very distressed anyway :'(

Name:	Untitled-5.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	574.5 KB
ID:	1126139

Name:	Untitled-6.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	614.0 KB
ID:	1126140

Name:	Untitled-4.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	668.1 KB
ID:	1126141

Name:	Untitled-7.jpg
Size:	584.3 KB
ID:	1126142

And according to previous suggestion , Reduced the exposure and sharpen from raw file.

Name:	Oman Air B787-9 A4O-SC 28.9.21.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	863.2 KB
ID:	1126143

Comment

Hello. didn't knew how to do that. here giving 100% crop of actual sized image (no resize and crop)
                        feeling very distressed anyway :'(
                        Thanks, that's what I needed to see. Basically the quality is poor enough that if it were mine, I probably wouldn't bother trying to edit/upload it. The front end is quite soft, almost blurry. To compare, here is a 100% cropped shot of mine at a similar angle:

Name:	DS1_9649-12800.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	591.4 KB
ID:	1126152

Name:	image_43870.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	572.2 KB
ID:	1126153

And according to previous suggestion , Reduced the exposure and sharpen from raw file.
                        Again, that softness/heat haze is still noticeable, especially towards the nose.

Comment

Thanks, that's what I needed to see. Basically the quality is poor enough that if it were mine, I probably wouldn't bother trying to edit/upload it. The front end is quite soft, almost blurry. To compare, here is a 100% cropped shot of mine at a similar angle:

Name:	DS1_9649-12800.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	591.4 KB
ID:	1126152

Name:	image_43870.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	572.2 KB
ID:	1126153

Again, that softness/heat haze is still noticeable, especially towards the nose.
                          Thanks a lot dlowaa for your time. I really do not know how to get rid off the problems. Using 70-300mm with 80D body. photos taken 100-135mm zooming. I see other spotters from my area getting acceptance. So I have to find out whats going on.

Comment

Hi dlowwa. Would you please help me to fine out the problems of this photos.

Name:	flydubai B737-8KN A6-FGI Serial 60962 24.9.21.jpg
Size:	766.3 KB
ID:	1126268Click image for larger version

Name:	Biman Bangladesh Airlines DeHavilland Dash-8 Q400 S2-AKD Dhrubotara for jp.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	938.6 KB
ID:	1126269Click image for larger version

Name:	Galaxy flying academy S2-AFH.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	626.1 KB
ID:	1126270Click image for larger version

Name:	SpiceJet B737-8EH MSN35063 CMF56-7B27 VT-SLM 30.9.21 for jp.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	796.9 KB
ID:	1126271Click image for larger version

Name:	Singapor airlines A350-941 serial#379 9V-SHM 28.9.21 for jp.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	870.6 KB
ID:	1126272

Comment

Hi dlowwa. Would you please help me to fine out the problems of this photos.
                              1. blurry, horizon
                              2. ok for me
                              3. soft, blurry, contrast, color
                              4-5. borderline oversharpened/overexposed

Comment

Good Day dlowwa. Requesting another batch for pre screening.
                                First 4 , tried different noise reduction and sharpening tool. Please help me to find if any of this good to go or the problems.

Name:	Thai Airways International Airbus A350-941 Serial050 HS-THC 02.11.21 for jp.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	533.4 KB
ID:	1126746

Name:	Biman Bangladesh Airlines B777-3E9ER MSN40120 GE90-115B S2-AHM for JP.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	716.2 KB
ID:	1126747

Name:	Etihad ADNOC Choose Japan Livery B787-9 MSN39664 A6-BLS.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	755.5 KB