Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTT - Editing Advice

Hi guys,

Would like to get some advice on what I'm doing wrong with this photo. Its been rejected with the reason "Over Processed".

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=9121632

What my workflow normally is:
    1. Open the image in Photoshop Camera Raw.
    2. Click on the "Auto" function.
    3. I brighten it a little (approx +0.3) and then increase the contrast by the same amount.
    4. I remove the Chromatic Abberration and use profile correction for my lens.
    5. I then open the photo in Photoshop, crop it as required, and then save it as JPEG quality 11.

I'm really not sure where I'm screwing up at, or whether its my monitor and its calibration. Would really appreciate any help or advice.

Also including a link to the raw image - Raw image

Thanks!
    Tsentsan

Originally posted by lingamair View Post
    Hi guys,

Would like to get some advice on what I'm doing wrong with this photo. Its been rejected with the reason "Over Processed".

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=9121632

What my workflow normally is:
    1. Open the image in Photoshop Camera Raw.
    2. Click on the "Auto" function.
    3. I brighten it a little (approx +0.3) and then increase the contrast by the same amount.
    4. I remove the Chromatic Abberration and use profile correction for my lens.
    5. I then open the photo in Photoshop, crop it as required, and then save it as JPEG quality 11.

I'm really not sure where I'm screwing up at, or whether its my monitor and its calibration. Would really appreciate any help or advice.

Also including a link to the raw image - Raw image

Thanks!
    Tsentsan
    Strong editing halos are visible. Perhaps avoiding anything "Auto" might be a good idea, as you seem to be unaware of what that setting actually does.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Strong editing halos are visible. Perhaps avoiding anything "Auto" might be a good idea, as you seem to be unaware of what that setting actually does.
      Got it, thanks!

Comment

I agree with dlowwa. Using automatic modes is not a good idea. I have had several photos of rejected for this. We are always better served by yourself . Since I made the adjustments manually, the rate of photos accepted has increased a lot. Almost no more rejected photos

Comment

Originally posted by alexnantais View Post
          I agree with dlowwa. Using automatic modes is not a good idea. I have had several photos of rejected for this. We are always better served by yourself . Since I made the adjustments manually, the rate of photos accepted has increased a lot. Almost no more rejected photos

Thanks! I'll give it a shot again without using the auto mode. I'm just afraid my monitor is screwing up badly, because the image looks different on the Raw editor, in PS, on Windows photo viewer and on my phone. Really crazy haha!

Comment

Originally posted by lingamair View Post

Thanks! I'll give it a shot again without using the auto mode. I'm just afraid my monitor is screwing up badly, because the image looks different on the Raw editor, in PS, on Windows photo viewer and on my phone. Really crazy haha!
            You can shoot with the auto mode on your camera. I shot with aperture mode. But in post-production, you have to do adjustments manually. I'm agree with you, sometimes, images looks different between some screens. You have to find your "best screen" for editing

Comment

Working...
            X