Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hongmng - advice (info/location)

Hi,

Bad info: location. When uploading I thought whether to have it as airport or inflight, and concluded with the former, as it states in the guidelines
    Photos taken airborne need the country and 'Inflight' as location, unless an airport is visible.
    , and in this case the airport is visible, about halfway horizontally, and 1/5th way down vertically.

But was rejected for location. In recent years I rarely appeal and only do so if there’s a good chance, and thinking that this was a mistake, I appealed noting the quoted text above. But was rejected with the comment
    I don\'t see it. Please try again.
    . I was about to do that, now with “inflight - CA”, but realized if the screener this time sees the airport, he/she may reject again, this time wanting the info to be the airport. So I’m here to ask for screener’s advice on airport vs. inflight in this case. The small airport (where we landed) is about 5 miles away, if that matters. I understand what the screener meant - it is difficult to see at first.

Best regards!
    Last edited by hongmng; 2021-05-25, 05:52. Reason: Clarified where airport is in photo.

Hi,
    If you need to search to see the airport like here, then it's definitely inflight.
    If you are in doubts, just leave a message to screeners like "rejected for bad info before, asked to put Inflight as location" and that would be fine

Cheers
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
      Hi,
      If you need to search to see the airport like here, then it's definitely inflight.
      If you are in doubts, just leave a message to screeners like "rejected for bad info before, asked to put Inflight as location" and that would be fine

Cheers
      Alex
      Ok thanks Alex! Will do that

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8956_N476UA.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	849.1 KB
ID:	1151947This was rejected for foreground clutter. I'm wondering is it because of the tug? I didn't think this would be a problem since based on my past experience, jetways on the port side, even if blocking the whole wing, is fine, and I waited until there was no people or cones blocking the engines.
        Aviation photos - 4 million+ on JetPhotos

Here is a photo I shot earlier this year, and why I thought the tug on this more recent A320 was ok. Of course, these two photos were at somewhat different focal lengths and angles. Perhaps for the A320 photo, I should've gone for a tighter crop to crop out most of the jetway/port side wing?

Name:	IMG_4936_N39450_3x2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	493.8 KB
ID:	1151948
        N39450 | Boeing 737-924ER | United Airlines | Hongming Zheng | JetPhotos

(Both links & photos attached in case one of them doesn't work)
        Any advice? Also, have a great day, and happy new year!

Comment

Originally posted by hongmng View Post

Name:	IMG_8956_N476UA.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	849.1 KB
ID:	1151947This was rejected for foreground clutter. I'm wondering is it because of the tug? I didn't think this would be a problem since based on my past experience, jetways on the port side, even if blocking the whole wing, is fine, and I waited until there was no people or cones blocking the engines.
          Aviation photos - 4 million+ on JetPhotos

Here is a photo I shot earlier this year, and why I thought the tug on this more recent A320 was ok. Of course, these two photos were at somewhat different focal lengths and angles. Perhaps for the A320 photo, I should've gone for a tighter crop to crop out most of the jetway/port side wing?

Name:	IMG_4936_N39450_3x2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	493.8 KB
ID:	1151948
          N39450 | Boeing 737-924ER | United Airlines | Hongming Zheng | JetPhotos

(Both links & photos attached in case one of them doesn't work)
          Any advice? Also, have a great day, and happy new year!
          Tug is ok. Too much clutter on the right for me as well (not my rejection).

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Tug is ok. Too much clutter on the right for me as well (not my rejection).
            Thank you Dana!

Site related question:
            How do I put "In Flight - International Airspace" as a location? I just discovered under International Airspace there is no option, only a unselectable text "Other Locations", is this a glitch, or is there another way of selecting "in flight international airspace"? Screenshot of the problem, thanks in advance, have a good week!

update: issue solved by using mobile site which has the inflight option
            Click image for larger version  Name:	2023-02-28.png Views:	0 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	1155549
            Last edited by hongmng; 2023-02-28, 16:24.

Comment

Working...
            X