mcoons - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcoons - editing advice

I received a rejection for this photo with the reason "vignetting not allowed." I didn't add any vignette in post processing. I did add contrast, lighten the photo and removed some dust spots. Can I get some advice on what I should do? Do I need to lighten the corners of the photos? Thank you,

Click image for larger version

Name:	N242BH_Jetphotos.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	568.8 KB
ID:	1116401

Originally posted by mcoons View Post
    I received a rejection for this photo with the reason "vignetting not allowed." I didn't add any vignette in post processing. I did add contrast, lighten the photo and removed some dust spots. Can I get some advice on what I should do? Do I need to lighten the corners of the photos? Thank you,

Click image for larger version

Name:	N242BH_Jetphotos.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	568.8 KB
ID:	1116401
    You don't need to 'add' vingetting for it to appear, it's an inherent feature of using a lens and camera sensor together especially at wider apertures and longer focal lengths. Given the fact that you were already stopped down to f/10 I'd assume most of the vignetting should have been taken care of, so the fact that the center of the image is much brighter than the corners might actually be accounted for by some poor processing on your part. If you import the image from the raw file with all settings to 0, do you still see the darker corners/brighter center? If not, it's the processing. If yes, it's vignetting.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

You don't need to 'add' vingetting for it to appear, it's an inherent feature of using a lens and camera sensor together especially at wider apertures and longer focal lengths. Given the fact that you were already stopped down to f/10 I'd assume most of the vignetting should have been taken care of, so the fact that the center of the image is much brighter than the corners might actually be accounted for by some poor processing on your part. If you import the image from the raw file with all settings to 0, do you still see the darker corners/brighter center? If not, it's the processing. If yes, it's vignetting.
      Thank you for your help. I will rework the image from scratch to see where the darker corners are coming in from. I usually only get vignetting from wide angle lenses shot wide open.

Comment

Working...
      X