• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postprocessing advice

Hello!

I uploaded my first photo and it got rejected. The rejection reasons:
    • Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
    • Too much noise or grain
    Here is the photo: Click image for larger version  Name:	P1220461-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	683.5 KB ID:	1116856 I tried to improve it based on the rejection reasons. Here it is: Click image for larger version  Name:	P1220461-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	470.7 KB ID:	1116857Is this newer version worth uploading?

I would appreciate any advice on how to improve it.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Adam122Fe; 2021-06-01, 12:38. Reason: Two words were missing

Originally posted by Adam122Fe View Post
    Hello!

I uploaded my first photo and it got rejected.

I tried to improve it based on the rejection reasons. Here it is:

Is this newer version worth uploading?
    This would be rejected for dark (underexposed), overprocessed (editing halos), and compression/noise. You will need to completely re-process it if you hope to have it accepted. Without knowing the exact settings/workflow you are using, I cannot say how you would be able to remove the halos.

Comment

Generally the halos are caused by using highlights or shadows, leave these at 0. They can also be caused by clarity and dehaze

Comment

Thanks for your advices!

I re-processed the image and tried to improve it according to the suggestions. From those settings that can cause halos I only used sharpening and some halos are visible. I tried removing the halos in Photoshop using the quick selector and repair it with the brush tool, but this way small parts of the aircraft could be cut off. Can you suggest any other ways of removing halos?

Here is the re-processed image without halo removal: Click image for larger version

Name:	P1220461-8.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	457.0 KB
ID:	1117482

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for your advices!

I re-processed the image and tried to improve it according to the suggestions. From those settings that can cause halos I only used sharpening and some halos are visible. I tried removing the halos in Photoshop using the quick selector and repair it with the brush tool, but this way small parts of the aircraft could be cut off. Can you suggest any other ways of removing halos?

Here is the re-processed image without halo removal: Click image for larger version

Thank you!
          No editing halos, but some very poor sharpening effects are visible.

Comment

Hello, could I get some prescreening advice on these photos? Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
              Not a screenerer, but 1.-3. are backlit.
              4. might have a potential issue with cut-off.

Comment

Hello, could I get some prescreening advice on these photos? Thanks!
                1-3. backlit
                4. borderline cut off
                5. soft

Comment

Hello, could I get some prescreening advice on this picture? Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1260810-9.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	665.2 KB
ID:	1161640

Comment

Hello, could I get some prescreening advice on this picture?
                    Pretty badly heat hazed.

Comment

Thanks for your advices!

Thank you!
                      The image was likely taken with an electronic shutter very compact camera. The tailrotor is heavily distorted and the main rotor blades are bent as well. If I were a photographer (not the screener but the person taking pictures), I would change the camera to a better model. You could shoot jets with this equipment but propeller/rotorblades all pointing in the same direction? That would be a no-go for me. Just my 2 photographer's cents.

Comment

Working...
                      X