Photos Rejected for being soft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos Rejected for being soft

A lot of my photos get rejected for being soft or unsharpened when My photo actually has the max amount of sharpening I can add? Does the contrast, exposure, shadows, whites, etc have an effect on the sharpness??

ive had same problem

Comment

Originally posted by Nick L View Post
      A lot of my photos get rejected for being soft or unsharpened when My photo actually has the max amount of sharpening I can add? Does the contrast, exposure, shadows, whites, etc have an effect on the sharpness??
      i use lightroom been maxen mine at 150 sharpness a friend told me you can add some detail under sharpness

Comment

Originally posted by don moore View Post

i use lightroom been maxen mine at 150 sharpness a friend told me you can add some detail under sharpness
        Ok ill try that. Thanks

Comment

Ok ill try that. Thanks
          dana said theres some photos that are soft cant be fixed thow i found that out i guess theres only so much you can do then not fixable

Comment

It depends - first thing is to ask for the quality you are uploading at.
            If it's 1920, or 1600 - the standards are much higher and sharpness is one of the first things that is noticeable. Lower to 1280x720 unless the pictures are really good.

If you are uploading at that quality in the first place, and still get rejected:

Make sure you know how to use the "Detail" section in photoshop. Especially Masking, radius etc.
            Here is how i learned: https://photographylife.com/how-to-p...s-in-lightroom

Finally, if neither of those work, it's because the photo is blurry or too soft to fix in the first place, and it won't be fixable.
            Try to shoot at a higher shutter speed, or from a closer distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Santiago MN View Post

It depends - first thing is to ask for the quality you are uploading at.
              If it's 1920, or 1600 - the standards are much higher and sharpness is one of the first things that is noticeable. Lower to 1280x720 unless the pictures are really good.

If you are uploading at that quality in the first place, and still get rejected:

Make sure you know how to use the "Detail" section in photoshop. Especially Masking, radius etc.
              Here is how i learned: https://photographylife.com/how-to-p...s-in-lightroom

Finally, if neither of those work, it's because the photo is blurry or too soft to fix in the first place, and it won't be fixable.
              Try to shoot at a higher shutter speed, or from a closer distance.
              what would be higher shutter speed i think mine is at f8 1/1000 iso 100

Comment

It would help if you posted examples, both of the edited and unedited image. Adding 'the max amount of sharpening' is irrelevant if we don't know where you're starting from. That's like asking "Can I get home on time? I'm driving the max amount of speed I can". No idea, since the max speed people can go will be different for each person, and I have no idea the distance you need to travel, so..

Comment

I find sharpening to around 80 results in a much sharper shot. Avoid using highlights and shadows when uploading to JP as they can cause editing halos.

Comment

Originally posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
                    I find sharpening to around 80 results in a much sharper shot. Avoid using highlights and shadows when uploading to JP as they can cause editing halos.
                    Every picture needs its own sharpening, there's no fix settings. As Dana said, it all depends how sharp the image is on the original.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

It would help if you posted examples, both of the edited and unedited image. Adding 'the max amount of sharpening' is irrelevant if we don't know where you're starting from. That's like asking "Can I get home on time? I'm driving the max amount of speed I can". No idea, since the max speed people can go will be different for each person, and I have no idea the distance you need to travel, so..
                      Ok This photo was rejected for being soft.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok This photo was rejected for being soft.
                        The tail is indeed quite soft, almost blurry. The first image is too small to have been the actual original, so can't comment more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

The tail is indeed quite soft, almost blurry. The first image is too small to have been the actual original, so can't comment more than that.
                          Alright

Comment

Working...
                          X