No announcement yet.

Stefano Cassia - Pre-Screening/Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, can I have an opinion of these photos? Tanks very much!

Click image for larger version

Name:	17bis.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	780.6 KB
ID:	1128155

Name:	19bis.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	389.1 KB
ID:	1128156

Comment

• Originally posted by Stefano Cassia View Post
      Hello, can I have an opinion of these photos? Tanks very much!
      1. soft
      2. dark/contrast

Comment

• Hello, can i have an opinion of this photo? Thanks

Name:	2bis.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	559.6 KB
ID:	1128638

Comment

Hello, can i have an opinion of this photo?
          Dirty, borderline oversharpened/(weak) contrast.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Dirty, borderline oversharpened/(weak) contrast.
            You're right, the dust escaped me. Can it be okay now?

Views:	71
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1128692

Another thing, can it be considered similar to this other? Another angle but the same sequence

Views:	64
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1128693

Comment

n1 parts looks soft like windows, and parts oversharpened, like under the wing, and a tad dark
              n2. yes, same sequence=similar, please see the upload quidelines

Comment

• Hello, can I have an opinon of these photos? Thanks so much!

Name:	1bis.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	626.2 KB
ID:	1129020

Views:	55
Size:	615.2 KB
ID:	1129021

Comment

Hello, can I have an opinon of these photos? Thanks so much!
                  Both soft/blurry and need tighter crops, which will make the softness/blurriness even more apparent.

Comment

• Hi, I have a question about this rejection, nothing to say about the cropping of the photo, I took wrong references and therefore I was wrong. But how can it be considered similar to this other one? Different date, different light, totally different angle. In the one already loaded it is photographed from the front and from top to bottom, in the second from the tail and from the bottom up. What are the objective criteria for considering a photo similar to an other one?

For the avoidance of doubt, I want to clarify that there is no controversy in my request, only the desire to understand.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I-VFOC. Agusta-Bell AB-412EP. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hi, I have a question about this rejection, nothing to say about the cropping of the photo, I took wrong references and therefore I was wrong. But how can it be considered similar to this other one? Different date, different light, totally different angle. In the one already loaded it is photographed from the front and from top to bottom, in the second from the tail and from the bottom up. What are the objective criteria for considering a photo similar to an other one?

For the avoidance of doubt, I want to clarify that there is no controversy in my request, only the desire to understand.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10278527
                      Both show the left side while in the air. This is almost always considered similar.

Comment

• Okay, but the angle is still very different. I relied exclusively on what is indicated in the upload guidelines:

"2.6 Similar

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database. Please upload only your best photos, try to be creative. Similar refers to:
                        - a photo taken from the same sequence the same day e. landing, taxiing, ramp parking or take off
                        or
                        - same registration, similar angle or composition or same background taken on different dates.
                        - Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.

If a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it.

We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than two)."

The second point speaks of "similar angle" and not "same side", they seem to me two different concepts, I would like to understand, above all in order not to waste time and not to make others waste time in the future.

Comment

Okay, but the angle is still very different. I relied exclusively on what is indicated in the upload guidelines:

"2.6 Similar

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database. Please upload only your best photos, try to be creative. Similar refers to:
                          - a photo taken from the same sequence the same day e. landing, taxiing, ramp parking or take off
                          or
                          - same registration, similar angle or composition or same background taken on different dates.
                          - Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.

If a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it.

We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than two)."

The second point speaks of "similar angle" and not "same side", they seem to me two different concepts, I would like to understand, above all in order not to waste time and not to make others waste time in the future.
                          You can generally get 4 images accepted of a given registration: 2 in the air (L/R side) and 2 on the ground (L/R side). If there is a significant time between images (think years) or significant difference in location, they might also not be considered similar. If you have doubts in the future best to post here before submitting to the queue.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

You can generally get 4 images accepted of a given registration: 2 in the air (L/R side) and 2 on the ground (L/R side). If there is a significant time between images (think years) or significant difference in location, they might also not be considered similar. If you have doubts in the future best to post here before submitting to the queue.
                            I had no doubts before this rejection because I relied on what is indicated in the guide. Which says differently from what has been said now. That's fine for me and there are no problems, but wouldn't it be much better to implement the guide with the correct and up-to-date information?

Comment

I had no doubts before this rejection because I relied on what is indicated in the guide. Which says differently from what has been said now. That's fine for me and there are no problems, but wouldn't it be much better to implement the guide with the correct and up-to-date information?
                              The guide is correct, so does not need to be updated. I have not stated anything 'different', only (hopefully) given you a clearer idea of how the guidelines are applied in practice.

Comment

• Hello, can I have an opinion of this photo? Thanks

Name:	IMG_4349.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	654.6 KB
ID:	1130514

Comment

Working...
                                X