No announcement yet.

AaroS - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I would like to get these pre-screened. Thanks in advance!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3465-jplr.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	448.4 KB
ID:	1120705

Name:	IMG_3721-jplr.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	452.2 KB
ID:	1120706

Name:	IMG_4229-jplr.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	458.2 KB
ID:	1120707

Comment

Originally posted by AaroS View Post
      Hi, I would like to get these pre-screened. Thanks in advance!
      Images are all soft/blurry and noisy

Comment

Thank you! Are these improved? And what is your opinion on the last two?

The last one got rejected like this:
        Rejection Reason(s): - Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
        - Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)
        after that I removed some of the saturation but I really don't know about the processing part. Prior to that it got rejected due to a halo around the top which I got rid of.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3465-jplr3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	303.8 KB ID:	1120795
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3721-jplr3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	263.0 KB ID:	1120796
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4229-jplr3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	357.1 KB ID:	1120792
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2410-jplr2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	305.8 KB ID:	1120794
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3595-jplr4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	504.1 KB ID:	1120805

Comment

Thank you! Are these improved? And what is your opinion on the last two?

after that I removed some of the saturation but I really don't know about the processing part. Prior to that it got rejected due to a halo around the top which I got rid of.
          All images soft/dark/noisy. Slight halos around the wing of the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

All images soft/dark/noisy. Slight halos around the wing of the last one.
            Thanks a lot! Are these better?

Name:	IMG_2410-jplr3.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	1120828
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3595-jplr4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	393.2 KB ID:	1120823

Comment

Thanks a lot! Are these better?
              Not significantly.

Comment

Not significantly.
                I'm putting the first image aside for good, it's probably too blurry. And what are the rules regarding portrait shots?

I would also like these four images to be pre-screened. I tried to make them sharp enough but I'm really not sure where the line between soft and oversharpened lies.

Thank you so much!

Name:	IMG_4900-2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	756.4 KB
ID:	1121089
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3535-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	443.4 KB ID:	1121042
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1546-Enhanced-6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	416.4 KB ID:	1120965
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3784-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	412.6 KB ID:	1120957

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4416-Enhanced-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	417.7 KB ID:	1120914
                Last edited by AaroS; 2021-08-11, 16:02. Reason: More images.

Comment

Would this be closer to acceptable?

Name:	IMG_3595-Enhanced-1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	607.1 KB
ID:	1120955

Comment

Would this be closer to acceptable?
                    Not really, unfortunately.

Comment

I think you missed one of my replies/posts above. I don't want to waste your time by posting 20 versions of that Hawk. Do you think that it is not fixable?

Thanks

Comment

I think you missed one of my replies/posts above.
                        Yup, seems like it. I generally only have time to check the most recent post, so if you make multiple posts before I (or someone else) reply, good chance I will miss something.

1. contrast, borderline soft
                        2. borderline dark, but ok for me
                        3. vignetting
                        4. soft, vignetting
                        5. borderline dark/contrast/noisy

I think you missed one of my replies/posts above. I don't want to waste your time by posting 20 versions of that Hawk. Do you think that it is not fixable?
                        If you are working from a raw file, should be easy to remove halos. If you only have a jpeg, it will be near impossible.

Comment

Yup, seems like it. I generally only have time to check the most recent post, so if you make multiple posts before I (or someone else) reply, good chance I will miss something.

1. contrast, borderline soft
                          2. borderline dark, but ok for me
                          3. vignetting
                          4. soft, vignetting
                          5. borderline dark/contrast/noisy

If you are working from a raw file, should be easy to remove halos. If you only have a jpeg, it will be near impossible.
                          1. Would this be better?
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4900-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	795.0 KB ID:	1121115

2. Are the shadows/blacks too dark or is the whole image too dark? I might want to improve it.

3. Is this better?
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1546-Enhanced-7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	420.8 KB ID:	1121104

4. Should be fixed?
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3784-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	448.2 KB ID:	1121116

5. Are the shadows/blacks too dark or is the whole image too dark? I remember reading on this forum that most contrast rejections are due to low contrast but is this the case here? The image seems quite high contrast to me.

So are the halos the only issue in the Hawk photo? I'm shooting .CR3 and using Adobe Lightroom but I'm really not sure how to get rid of them. They only appear when I make the edits that are necessary for the image to be otherwise okay. I would know how to remove them in Photoshop but that is image manipulation isn't it because the small part of sky around the wing would be fake.

I really appreciate your help, thanks!

Comment

1. Would this be better?
                            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4900-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	795.0 KB ID:	1121115

2. Are the shadows/blacks too dark or is the whole image too dark? I might want to improve it.

3. Is this better?
                            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1546-Enhanced-7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	420.8 KB ID:	1121104

4. Should be fixed?
                            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3784-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	448.2 KB ID:	1121116

5. Are the shadows/blacks too dark or is the whole image too dark? I remember reading on this forum that most contrast rejections are due to low contrast but is this the case here? The image seems quite high contrast to me.

So are the halos the only issue in the Hawk photo? I'm shooting .CR3 and using Adobe Lightroom but I'm really not sure how to get rid of them. They only appear when I make the edits that are necessary for the image to be otherwise okay. I would know how to remove them in Photoshop but that is image manipulation isn't it because the small part of sky around the wing would be fake.

I really appreciate your help, thanks!
                            1. overexposed, borderline contrast
                            3. overprocessed
                            4. soft, vignetting
                            5. harsh contrast

Comment

1. overexposed, borderline contrast
                              3. overprocessed
                              4. soft, vignetting
                              5. harsh contrast
                              1. Would this be better?
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4900-6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	794.2 KB ID:	1121163
                              3. It's now in the middle between "vignette" and "overprocessed".
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1546-Enhanced-8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	418.9 KB ID:	1121164

4. I tried to avoid the mistake I made with number three during vignette removal. It is visibly sharper now but is this enough?
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3784-6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	453.0 KB ID:	1121165

Thank you very much again!!

Comment

1. Would this be better?
                                Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4900-6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	794.2 KB ID:	1121163
                                3. It's now in the middle between "vignette" and "overprocessed".
                                Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1546-Enhanced-8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	418.9 KB ID:	1121164

4. I tried to avoid the mistake I made with number three during vignette removal. It is visibly sharper now but is this enough?
                                Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3784-6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	453.0 KB ID:	1121165

Thank you very much again!!
                                1. still borderline. not going to comment on this one again.
                                3. minor vignetting visible, but would be ok for me.
                                4. ok for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X