Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AaroS - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AaroS - prescreening request / editing advice

    I have 5 images I need help with.

    The Saab 340 got rejected for heat, composition and contrast. I tried to fix the latter two but I'm not sure about the heat distortion. I might be blind but I can't see any heat distortion on the aircraft itself.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0345-jplr-2.JPG
Views:	418
Size:	639.8 KB
ID:	1119890
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0371-jplr.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	1119891
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0384-jplr2.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	530.6 KB
ID:	1119892
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0705-jplr.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	572.9 KB
ID:	1119893
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0748-jplr.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	495.7 KB
ID:	1119894

  • #2
    Originally posted by AaroS View Post
    I have 5 images I need help with.

    The Saab 340 got rejected for heat, composition and contrast. I tried to fix the latter two but I'm not sure about the heat distortion. I might be blind but I can't see any heat distortion on the aircraft itself.
    1. heat hazed
    2. soft
    3. borderline contrast/vignetting
    4-5. backlit

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

      1. heat hazed
      2. soft
      3. borderline contrast/vignetting
      4-5. backlit
      Thank you!

      Are these better?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0371-jplr2.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	604.0 KB
ID:	1119914
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0384-jplr3.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	485.7 KB
ID:	1119915

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AaroS View Post

        Thank you!

        Are these better?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0371-jplr2.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	604.0 KB
ID:	1119914
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0384-jplr3.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	485.7 KB
ID:	1119915
        1. borderline blurry/oversharpened now.
        2. still borderline dark/contrast

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

          1. borderline blurry/oversharpened now.
          2. still borderline dark/contrast
          Huge thanks for the fast reply and advice!

          1. Lowered the resolution to try and hide the blurriness and I think I found a middle ground for the sharpness.
          2. Just added contrast and gave the brightness a slight boost.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0371-jplr4.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	1119936
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0384-jplr4.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	511.0 KB
ID:	1119937

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AaroS View Post

            Huge thanks for the fast reply and advice!

            1. Lowered the resolution to try and hide the blurriness and I think I found a middle ground for the sharpness.
            2. Just added contrast and gave the brightness a slight boost.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0371-jplr4.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	1119936
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0384-jplr4.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	511.0 KB
ID:	1119937
            Still borderline at best for both.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

              Still borderline at best for both.
              Thank you! Do you think they are unfixable?

              Comment


              • #8
                I would like to get these two pre-screened too. Thanks in advance.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0352.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	642.7 KB
ID:	1119971
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0639.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	608.0 KB
ID:	1119972

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AaroS View Post
                  I would like to get these two pre-screened too. Thanks in advance.
                  1. borderline heat haze
                  2. contrast, color. not fixable.

                  Originally posted by AaroS View Post
                  Do you think they are unfixable?
                  Borderline means maybe yes, maybe no.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                    1. borderline heat haze
                    2. contrast, color. not fixable.



                    Borderline means maybe yes, maybe no.
                    Thanks again!

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      I would like to get these pre-screened. Thanks!
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0319-jplr.JPG Views:	0 Size:	556.0 KB ID:	1120070
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0399-jplr3.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	490.5 KB
ID:	1120072

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AaroS View Post
                        I would like to get these pre-screened. Thanks!
                        1. soft, cut off, noisy, overprocessed
                        2. contrast, centering, overprocessed

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                          1. soft, cut off, noisy, overprocessed
                          2. contrast, centering, overprocessed
                          Thank you so much!

                          Which specific processing mistakes could cause these overprocessing rejections? I can't see any halos etc. I'm just having a hard time understanding it.

                          1st one is now a different image taken from the same sequence but cropped a bit differently. At least I think that new composition is more in line with the rules. I think that the other issues applied to it too but the noise should be fixed and I also tried increasing the sharpness to make it less soft but I don't know if that is enough.

                          I also redid the 737 but I don't know if it is any better than the previous in terms of processing. The contrast should be better but I'm also having a hard time with that.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0321-jplr.JPG Views:	0 Size:	382.0 KB ID:	1120091
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0399-jplr11.JPG Views:	0 Size:	506.9 KB ID:	1120092

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AaroS View Post

                            Thank you so much!

                            Which specific processing mistakes could cause these overprocessing rejections? I can't see any halos etc. I'm just having a hard time understanding it.

                            1st one is now a different image taken from the same sequence but cropped a bit differently. At least I think that new composition is more in line with the rules. I think that the other issues applied to it too but the noise should be fixed and I also tried increasing the sharpness to make it less soft but I don't know if that is enough.

                            I also redid the 737 but I don't know if it is any better than the previous in terms of processing. The contrast should be better but I'm also having a hard time with that.
                            1. soft/blurry. Assuming that's a significant crop, since the quality is nowhere near acceptable.
                            2. overexposed/contrast, oversharpened. not very good light, not sure this is fixable.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                              1. soft/blurry. Assuming that's a significant crop, since the quality is nowhere near acceptable.
                              2. overexposed/contrast, oversharpened. not very good light, not sure this is fixable.
                              Thanks!

                              ​​​​​

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X