GT_Aviation - Editing/Upload Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT_Aviation - Editing/Upload Advice

Hello, I was wondering what this means because it says 'invalid-hot'. I was wondering if there was a way to reduce this. I am using lighroom, not the classic version. Also, it says I cannot post until a certain date. Can someone explain that? Thank you

HOT means that photographed airplane (registration) is new to the database or there is significant change in livery of airplane reg already existing in db. Software you use has nothing to do here.
    Regarding upload limits - you probably exceeded certain number of rejections and your slots are occupied by them. Rejected photos are gone in 14 days from screening.

Comment

Okay thank you, I was wondering why it got rejected. Thank you

Comment

From the upload guideline...

2.5 Hot Photo

The following will be accepted as hot for 48 hours after the first photo got accepted:

1. New aircraft type produced by a manufacturer. (including subtypes)
        2. New aircraft type / subtype for an airline or air force. (including roll-outs or test flights at the factory)
        3. First appearance of a new airline colour scheme. (incl. for all subtypes)
        4. First appearance of a special scheme for an airline or air force. Air force special scheme must be at least a full tail marking or similar size on the fuselage. (also for subtypes). Airline special scheme includes all alliance schemes such as Star Alliance, One World etc.
        5. Other Newsworthy events at the discretion of the screening team. (typical hand over ceremonies, promotion tours by new airliner types,..)
        6. photos of airliners with a registration not in the database will count as hot. (the 48h hours guideline will not apply to those)
        7. Please note that new routes are not considered as hot.

Hot photos for which the 48 hour guideline does not apply

In order to improve the cooperation with FlightRadar24 and have the most up to date photo available for the FlightRadar24 site the following will be accepted as hot for the first photo accepted only.

1. A new delivery of an aircraft type that already exists in the fleet.
        2. An existing aircraft in the fleet that is repainted in a new colour scheme.
        3. Any change to the colour scheme (for example: removal of a special scheme, new stickers) or to the aircraft itself (Winglets, Sharklets) - Note that this is only valid for active aircraft
        4. Photo of an airliner with a registration not in the database or re-use of a registration for a new airframe

Remember, these are hot only for the first accepted image.

Comment

Some tips to not trigger a hot photo and a unnecessary rejection:

When uploading, unless the photo meets the hot criteria which Alex posted above, make sure you DON'T enter any text into the hot photo box. If you do, just even a "???" will trigger the photo for priority screening and will gain you a rejection and use up all your upload slots.

Also make sure you enter the registration in the correct format, as again if the system thinks it's a new registration it will trigger priority screening and you will get a bad info and invalid hot rejection.

Comment

Hello, I just edited this photo, and I was wondering if it was worthy of being uploaded. Any tips on how to fix this image are greatly appreciated. Thank you. Click image for larger version

Name:	FedEx 767.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	584.2 KB
ID:	1123260

Comment

No chance unfortunately...
              It's very noisy, soft, not cropped properly and it's backlit.

Comment

Okay, is there any point to try to edit this photo, or should I try to pick another one?

Comment

Originally posted by GT_Aviation View Post
                  Okay, is there any point to try to edit this photo, or should I try to pick another one?
                  If the photo was only noisy,soft, and not cropped properly there would be a chance that it could be fixed. But because it’s backlit there’s nothing you can do. So yes, try to pick another.

Comment

Hello all, I was wondering if this photo was edited enough, and would be good for a jetphotos submission. Thank you, Click image for larger version

Name:	emirates 77 a6-e5q.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	570.6 KB
ID:	1123799Click image for larger version

Name:	egyptair-1.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	595.7 KB
ID:	1123798 and have a great day.

Comment

Hello,

I´m not a screener, but I´m sorry to tell you two rejection reasons which are obvious for the shown photographs:
                      • heat distortion, more pronounced in the first picture of the Emirates 777, and unfortunately unfixable. If you look at the high building in the background which does not show that strong heat haze, and the APU exhaust at the lower left, I guess this was caused by the hot exhaust fumes, so by chosing a location without that problem you can fix it in the future. In the second image, the heat distortion is less pronounced, so you could try to „hide“ it by uploading in smallest possible resolution where it might not be noticeable.
                      • Centering. Both airframes are too low in the image, the main fuselage should have the same distance to top and bottom in the given case.
                      Additionally, the first picture would be regarded as bad cropping, the stabilizer on the right shouldn´t be cropped partially off which is also a rejection reason. Make sure the entire aircraft is in the picture for this perspective.

Best,

Chris

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	egyptair edited again-2.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	607.9 KB
ID:	1123809 Does this look better? I tried to center it more.

Comment

Originally posted by GT_Aviation View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	egyptair edited again-2.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	607.9 KB
ID:	1123809 Does this look better? I tried to center it more.
                          Unfortunately both of these photos cannot be uploaded due to heat haze. Sadly there is no way to fix it.

Comment

It's all been covered really, but to confirm, the biggest killer in both shots is the heat haze/distortion. Even all the other editing on the planet wont fix that one unfortunately. Also you need to include the whole aircraft in the frame and not cut wing tips off like in the EK shot.
                            It's a shame about the heat distortion as the light is really nice, although more contrast is needed.

Comment

Does this photo have haze? Click image for larger version

Name:	virgin atlantic a350-1000 2.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	603.3 KB
ID:	1123888

Comment

Working...
                              X