T.P.F.A - Editing/Pre-screening/Rejection Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Cropping/ratio rejection was in error, but I would have added noisy. Too much dead/empty space, and lacks the quality for the size.
    About the empty space, if I wanted to include the atc to the photo, what can I do for it? I've tried to crop as much as I can and is this good?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by T.P.F.A. View Post

About the empty space, if I wanted to include the atc to the photo, what can I do for it? I've tried to crop as much as I can and is this good?
      Quality doesn't look good enough to make any angle work, tbh.

Comment

Quality doesn't look good enough to make any angle work, tbh.
        Does it mean if another similar photo with good enough quality, it'll work?

And is there any fixed size format for portrait photos? Don't find any thread that says anything about it but i've seen photos accepted from time to time. Curious to try portrait format myself if I got the right one.

Comment

Does it mean if another similar photo with good enough quality, it'll work?

And is there any fixed size format for portrait photos? Don't find any thread that says anything about it but i've seen photos accepted from time to time. Curious to try portrait format myself if I got the right one.
          There are images in portrait orientation accepted, but usually without large amounts of empty space like in your example.

Comment

And quick question. If airline A leased and operate aircraft that they get from airline B, but still in airline B full livery and registration, only some text on the fuselage that says it is operated by the airline A, does that mean when uploading we select operator airline A and that makes it different from when it was with airline B?

Comment

There are images in portrait orientation accepted, but usually without large amounts of empty space like in your example.
              Okay, i got it. I have some plan to try long exposure when I got a better gear. Might try with aircraft apporach at night.

Comment

And quick question. If airline A leased and operate aircraft that they get from airline B, but still in airline B full livery and registration, only some text on the fuselage that says it is operated by the airline A, does that mean when uploading we select operator airline A and that makes it different from when it was with airline B?
                And does it count as new registration for airline A eventhough they reused the previous registration from airline B?

Comment

New operator and would be hot if livery is changed.

Comment

New operator and would be hot if livery is changed.
                    Alright, thanks for the information.

Comment

Hi there, recently got the chance to try at night at the airport. Would like to have some editing advice please. Thank you
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi there, recently got the chance to try at night at the airport. Would like to have some editing advice please. Thank you
                        Not bad, but probably a bit too dark overall.

Comment

Not bad, but probably a bit too dark overall.
                          Is it fixable? Besides the apron area, there is next to none lighting. It's very dark, only taxiway lights that are visible
                          ​​​​​​​i've make some changes to the brightness of the image. Is it better? and if so, I would like to have prescreen please, thank you
                          Attached Files

Comment

Is it fixable? Besides the apron area, there is next to none lighting. It's very dark, only taxiway lights that are visible
                            ​​​​​​​i've make some changes to the brightness of the image. Is it better? and if so, I would like to have prescreen please, thank you
                            Not sure that you can really improve on it. Biggest issues would be the lighting and the glare. You can try if you really need to have it uploaded, but I wouldn't give it a great chance.

Comment

Any advice when shooting in the dark? Like how much ISO needed, what aperture is recommended, things like that. What causes the glaring issue? (My lens is film-era that adapted to my camera body so probably doesn't help with glare issue).

Comment

Any advice when shooting in the dark? Like how much ISO needed, what aperture is recommended, things like that. What causes the glaring issue? (My lens is film-era that adapted to my camera body so probably doesn't help with glare issue).
                                Can't give specifics like that, as every situation is different.

Any bright light source directly in front of the lens will cause some degree of flare, thought modern coatings/filters can help mitigate that.

Comment

Working...
                                X