T.P.F.A - Editing/Pre-screening/Rejection Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.P.F.A - Editing/Pre-screening/Rejection Advice

Hello, good morning/afternoon/evening. I would like to have rejection advice from some recent rejected photos.

Pict 1-4 rejected because same issue, "undersharpening (soft)". But particular with Pict. 4 it is rejected with another 2 reasons. "Too much or too little contrast" and "Over Processed / Bad postprocessing"

I strongly disagree with Pict. 2-4 and particular to Pict. 4 I have included reference non-edited photo as proof. I use my first accepted photo as editing base line for all of the photos I upload and they were good until recently.

Do they worth the hassle to appeal all of them or just move on and upload different one? I would like to hear the reasons why.

Thank you so much for reading and replying my message. Have a good day.
    Attached Files
    First accepted photo on Jetphotos!!!. PK-LPR. Boeing 737-8GP. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 4 million screened photos online!

Originally posted by T.P.F.A. View Post
    Hello, good morning/afternoon/evening. I would like to have rejection advice from some recent rejected photos.

Pict 1-4 rejected because same issue, "undersharpening (soft)". But particular with Pict. 4 it is rejected with another 2 reasons. "Too much or too little contrast" and "Over Processed / Bad postprocessing"

I strongly disagree with Pict. 2-4 and particular to Pict. 4 I have included reference non-edited photo as proof. I use my first accepted photo as editing base line for all of the photos I upload and they were good until recently.

Do they worth the hassle to appeal all of them or just move on and upload different one? I would like to hear the reasons why.

Thank you so much for reading and replying my message. Have a good day.
    Images are indeed all soft to varying degrees. Processing looks acceptable on the last one for me, though it is close to being overexposed.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Images are indeed all soft to varying degrees. Processing looks acceptable on the last one for me, though it is close to being overexposed.
      So does the last one worth to appeal for?

It's quite worrying for me because often it looks like I'm overstepping the mark in terms of oversharpening and overprocessing the image when editing.

And for Pict. #1 and #3 I have bring some sharpening by increment of 10 and 5 clicks respectively. Does it resolve the issue that happened earlier? Or do they need more? Thanks for answering.
      Attached Files

Comment

So does the last one worth to appeal for?
        No.

And for Pict. #1 and #3 I have bring some sharpening by increment of 10 and 5 clicks respectively. Does it resolve the issue that happened earlier? Or do they need more? Thanks for answering.
        Both still soft, especially the second. Perhaps the quality is not there.

Comment

Both still soft, especially the second. Perhaps the quality is not there.
          Yeah, I think it comes down to original pict. quality. All of it looks fine from my end. But I never know from the other end. Thank you so much for helping me. I will sort that out on future uploads.

Comment

Hello, I would like to get a prescreening please. Shooting conditions are new to me and personally I like it. Is it able to be on the website or should I keep it for my personal collection? Thank you.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I would like to get a prescreening please. Shooting conditions are new to me and personally I like it. Is it able to be on the website or should I keep it for my personal collection? Thank you.
              Both would be rejected for dark, and possibly soft.

Comment

Both would be rejected for dark, and possibly soft.
                I was thinking the same. It still looks dark even after I edited it. Thanks for the prescreen. And one more question,

What are all of the software options do people use in PC to edit photos ?

I have consider a transition from mobile editing to PC editing to see which one I like better. Even though mobile editing is powerfull these days, but lately I am dissatisfied with the outcome from my mobile device. So I am seeking for another option. Thank you for helping.

Comment

I was thinking the same. It still looks dark even after I edited it. Thanks for the prescreen. And one more question,

What are all of the software options do people use in PC to edit photos ?

I have consider a transition from mobile editing to PC editing to see which one I like better. Even though mobile editing is powerfull these days, but lately I am dissatisfied with the outcome from my mobile device. So I am seeking for another option. Thank you for helping.
                  I've been using Photoshop for many years, but there are plenty of cheaper, less powerful (but still more than adequate) options available. Editing on mobile is something I would definitely avoid.

Comment

I've been using Photoshop for many years, but there are plenty of cheaper, less powerful (but still more than adequate) options available. Editing on mobile is something I would definitely avoid.
                    Thank you for your recomendation. Hope I can jump in desktop editing soon, as it seems that will be quite a learning curve for me.

Comment

Hello, I would like to have a prescreen please, especially for horizon. Because I'm not sure where is the reference point at for this picture. Thank you.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I would like to have a prescreen please, especially for horizon. Because I'm not sure where is the reference point at for this picture. Thank you.
                        Hi W.T. horizon is ok but likely to get contrast, mine too (pas spotting gak ada cahaya)

Comment

Hello, I would like to have a prescreen please. For these 3 photos and 1 photo included in the qoute before.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin L View Post

Hi W.T. horizon is ok but likely to get contrast, mine too (pas spotting gak ada cahaya)
                            Let me correct you there. I think what you mean are "kurang cahaya", as usually people associated "gak ada cahaya" as "malam" or "hitam gelap" when light source are very limited or none at all.

Imo, I would agree that the photo is possibly lacking contrast. But don't know by how much. The things that I'm more concerned about is horizon. I think the pros will give the best explanation for us.

Comment

Hello, I would like to have a prescreen please. For these 3 photos
                              1. soft, contrast, color
                              2. contrast, horizon
                              3. soft

and 1 photo included in the qoute before.
                              Contrast.

Comment

Working...
                              X