T.P.F.A - Editing/Pre-screening/Rejection Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.P.F.A. View Post
    Hello, I would like to have prescreen for this photo please, thank you.
    Would be rejected for soft, contrast, and noise.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Would be rejected for soft, contrast, and noise.
      Sorry for not replying for a long time. I have tried everything to fix the noise issue, but it seems that Leica RAW file doesn't play nicely with lightroom, especially when exporting to lower resolution (below 1600px). In editing screen it was ok but as soon as the pict was exported, it was a mess. Eventhough export quality was set to max everytime. I don't have such issue with my sony RAW even JPEG.

Is there any possible workaround to this issue? And does the pict before fixable?

Also I want to have another prescreen please, thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for not replying for a long time. I have tried everything to fix the noise issue, but it seems that Leica RAW file doesn't play nicely with lightroom, especially when exporting to lower resolution (below 1600px). In editing screen it was ok but as soon as the pict was exported, it was a mess. Eventhough export quality was set to max everytime. I don't have such issue with my sony RAW even JPEG.

Is there any possible workaround to this issue? And does the pict before fixable?

Also I want to have another prescreen please, thank you.
        Other than perhaps the wrong default setting in RAW being applied, I am not aware of any reason that export settings should cause an increase in noise. Compression, yes, but not should not be affected (unless, as I mentioned, perhaps the default NR is lower for a certain camera profile you are using).

The image is soft and borderline overprocessed/contrast.

Comment

Other than perhaps the wrong default setting in RAW being applied, I am not aware of any reason that export settings should cause an increase in noise. Compression, yes, but not should not be affected (unless, as I mentioned, perhaps the default NR is lower for a certain camera profile you are using).
          I have tried to tweak all of the settings in both my leica and my lightroom but no luck there. Also google it to find possible issues with this combination but found nothing. I guess I'll stick to my old combo for the time being. Thank you for helping.

Also recently I took a wander to my hometown's former airport and got some pictures back. It's a former merpati C-235 and it was sat there rotting away for more than a decade. If I want to upload this to the database, what should I tweak for the picture, and what category should I choose if the picture itself is qualified to be in the database. Thank you.

Comment

I have tried to tweak all of the settings in both my leica and my lightroom but no luck there. Also google it to find possible issues with this combination but found nothing. I guess I'll stick to my old combo for the time being. Thank you for helping.

Also recently I took a wander to my hometown's former airport and got some pictures back. It's a former merpati C-235 and it was sat there rotting away for more than a decade. If I want to upload this to the database, what should I tweak for the picture, and what category should I choose if the picture itself is qualified to be in the database. Thank you.
            Image is quite soft/heat hazed. This is not fixable with editing.

Comment

Image is quite soft/heat hazed. This is not fixable with editing.
              I see, I will try it earlier at another day. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Hello, recently I got these 3 rejections.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

all of them were rejected for the same reason. "Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust Spot". All of them after further examination didn't show apparent dust spots, but they have one thing in common: small bird (or birds) at upper area of the picture. I don't think small birds are the issue so I have appealed the first one, but no luck avail. The screener also returned the picture with borderline soft issue, which I also partly disagree about, but It wasn't really an issue.

Are they really have dust spots or is it just birds? If there is any can someone point it out for me? And if there is nothing there can I appeal for them?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello, recently I got these 3 rejections.

all of them were rejected for the same reason. "Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust Spot". All of them after further examination didn't show apparent dust spots, but they have one thing in common: small bird (or birds) at upper area of the picture. I don't think small birds are the issue so I have appealed the first one, but no luck avail. The screener also returned the picture with borderline soft issue, which I also partly disagree about, but It wasn't really an issue.

Are they really have dust spots or is it just birds? If there is any can someone point it out for me? And if there is nothing there can I appeal for them?

Thank you.
                  Once again, will ask you to please read here very carefully:

"..if you get a rejection you don't agree with, better to come here and get advice before appealing, not after. There is not much incentive to help those who disregard advice or appeal before asking for it."

Comment

Once again, will ask you to please read here very carefully:

"..if you get a rejection you don't agree with, better to come here and get advice before appealing, not after. There is not much incentive to help those who disregard advice or appeal before asking for it."
                    I'm sorry for bringing it here after appeal. But I only appeal the first picture, not the second and third because it was on different batch.

So will you help me to identify the issue on second and third picture? Are they have hidden dust spots apart from the bird? And if there is only birds should I make an appeal? Thank you.

Comment

I'm sorry for bringing it here after appeal. But I only appeal the first picture, not the second and third because it was on different batch.

So will you help me to identify the issue on second and third picture? Are they have hidden dust spots apart from the bird? And if there is only birds should I make an appeal? Thank you.
                      Your appeal was already denied, so I don't think any further appeals would be worth it.

Comment

Your appeal was already denied, so I don't think any further appeals would be worth it.
                        Yeah, better be safe than sorry.

Comment

Hello, recently I got a rejection for soft.

​​​​​https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10021461

My first thought was no way it isn't sharp enough. All of my batch of captured photos on that day were very good with the lighting and sharpness. Also most of them were already accepted with similar level of sharpness applied to it. Is it worth to appeal? Thank you.

Comment

Hello, recently I got a rejection for soft.

​​​​​https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10021461

My first thought was no way it isn't sharp enough. All of my batch of captured photos on that day were very good with the lighting and sharpness. Also most of them were already accepted with similar level of sharpness applied to it. Is it worth to appeal? Thank you.
                            Would have been acceptable for me, but that's just my opinion.

Otoh, I'm the only one handling appeals for the next few hours, so...

Comment

I'll gladly do that if you say so.

Comment

Hello, I would like to have prescreen please.
                                Would be rejected for soft and contrast. These birds are not adding much beauty to the photo, rather more as obstruction

Comment

Working...
                                X