dcflys - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcflys - editing advice

First edit thinking about uploading lmk what I can change to make it better or if it's good enough.Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0941.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	585.4 KB
ID:	1122277

It's very soft. Try turning the sharpening up.

Comment

It's a pretty decent effort but unfortunately the heat haze has killed it. This is one for your personal collection.

Comment

I'm not a screener, but if you try uploading this you will receive a rejection for centering because the jet is too low in the frame. Try to make sure the center of the fuselage (in this case, slightly below the side windows) is at the center of the frame. I agree with Lewis, the photo is way too soft, so ramping up the sharpening is a good idea.
        In my opinion it's also a bit underexposed, so adding a bit of light would definitely help.

Best,
        Marty

Comment

hey, thanks for all the replies on the last pictures I've gone ahead and done some of the suggestions! Here is a few more pictures let me know what you think or any suggestions, I'm trying to get a feel of what style jet photos accept.Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC1012.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	589.2 KB
ID:	1122313Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0968.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	535.7 KB
ID:	1122314

Comment

Originally posted by dcflys View Post
            hey, thanks for all the replies on the last pictures I've gone ahead and done some of the suggestions! Here is a few more pictures let me know what you think or any suggestions, I'm trying to get a feel of what style jet photos accept.
            There are issues with contrast, centering, vignetting, and heat haze. The latter is not fixable.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	157
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	1187620
              Hello. When exporting using lightroom I am noticing super compressed/blurry images. This has been leading to a LOT of softness rejections. Not sure if its a setting problem as I have tried many settings even ones recommended on this forum with similar results. For reference, I am limited to 1280px. I'll attach an image of the result of exporting using lightroom compared to the image while it is still in the software. All suggestions are very much appreciated!
              -dcflys

Comment

Prescreen please! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8248-Edit.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	393.9 KB
ID:	1187631Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8341-Edit.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	498.0 KB
ID:	1187630Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8338-Edit-2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	484.0 KB
ID:	1187629

Comment

Hello. When exporting using lightroom I am noticing super compressed/blurry images. This has been leading to a LOT of softness rejections. Not sure if its a setting problem as I have tried many settings even ones recommended on this forum with similar results. For reference, I am limited to 1280px. I'll attach an image of the result of exporting using lightroom compared to the image while it is still in the software. All suggestions are very much appreciated!
                  -dcflys
                  There does appear to be a big difference, but without more details/specifics, can't really say what's going on.​

Prescreen please!
                  1. compression/overprocessed
                  2-3. similar

Comment

[QUOTE=dlowwa;n1187637]

There does appear to be a big difference, but without more details/specifics, can't really say what's going on.​

Thanks for the prescreen. For some more details, I’m using limit size function 1280px width I’ve also tried 1200 by 800px @ 240/300/700 px/in tried them all with no help, then export sharpening I’ve tried glossy paper and screen at standard as well as high. None of that helped.

Comment

[QUOTE=dcflys;n1187651]
                      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Thanks for the prescreen. For some more details, I’m using limit size function 1280px width I’ve also tried 1200 by 800px @ 240/300/700 px/in tried them all with no help, then export sharpening I’ve tried glossy paper and screen at standard as well as high. None of that helped.
                      px/in is irrelevant (as would be 'glossy paper' I assume) unless you're planning on printing the images. The above images don't seem to be affected so badly however?

Comment

Prescreen/thoughts

Name:	IMG_8338-Edit.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	487.3 KB
ID:	1187885Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8642.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	447.1 KB
ID:	1187886Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8588.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	1187887Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8734-Edit.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	414.5 KB
ID:	1187888Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8762-Edit-2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	489.2 KB
ID:	1187889

Comment

Prescreen/thoughts
                          1. contrast
                          2-4. oversharpened, contrast
                          5. borderline contrast

Comment

Name:	IMG_8591-Edit.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	475.7 KB
ID:	1188151
                            Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. contrast
                            2-4. oversharpened, contrast
                            5. borderline contrast
                            -----------------
                            Hey, thank you! Is this contrast better? (haven't gotten around to unsharpening) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8642.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	406.0 KB
ID:	1188152
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8734.jpg Views:	0 Size:	418.5 KB ID:	1188149Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8762-Edit-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	482.1 KB ID:	1188147

Comment

Hey, thank you! Is this contrast better? (haven't gotten around to unsharpening)
                              Contrast is a bit dark/harsh.

Comment

Working...
                              X