PreScreening/Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PreScreening/Editing advice

Hi, I'm fairly new to the site and I would appreciate any advice on a couple of pictures before I attempt to upload them. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1987.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	394.7 KB
ID:	1122393Click image for larger version

Name:	image_42581.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	487.5 KB
ID:	1122385Click image for larger version

Name:	image_42580.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	1122386Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1667.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	434.5 KB
ID:	1122394Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1959.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	417.7 KB
ID:	1122395

Attached Files

The ANA 787 and Air France 777 look good with a small edit. The other three are underexposed and soft too, so I would brighten them up and sharpen them. They look great though!

Comment

Originally posted by patodabju View Post
      Hi, I'm fairly new to the site and I would appreciate any advice on a couple of pictures before I attempt to upload them. Thank you.
      1. blurry
      2. centering (too low), overprocessed (editing halos)
      3. centering
      4. centering, color, contrast, backlit.
      5. centering, dark, contrast

2 and 3 are likely fixable, the others not unfortunately.

Comment

Hi all, I recently got a photo rejected for "dark/underexposed" and "too much or too little contrast".

Here is the link to the photo: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9464078

I thought it was good enough so I considered appealing, but I don't want to overuse the feature and instead thought about asking for suggestions first.

I also tried to fix it, but I don't know whether it refers to either too much or to too little contrast.

Do you think it's fixable? If so, what would I need to do?

Comment

Hi all, I recently got a photo rejected for "dark/underexposed" and "too much or too little contrast".

Here is the link to the photo: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9464078

I thought it was good enough so I considered appealing, but I don't want to overuse the feature and instead thought about asking for suggestions first.

I also tried to fix it, but I don't know whether it refers to either too much or to too little contrast.

I think this is not worth appealing nor fixing due to overcast conditions

Comment

It looks like the contrast/exposure was actually quite harsh/strong, and you tried to correct it by bringing down the highlights. This has resulted in very flat contrast, with all highlights muted (and a yellow cast + light editing halos). You could try re-editing it without so much of the highlight reduction you've used, but the contrast/light was already pretty harsh, so not sure how successful that would be.

Originally posted by Calvin L View Post

I think this is not worth appealing nor fixing due to overcast conditions
            It's not overcast at all. There is direct light on the aircraft.

If you're going to give advice, please try to make sure that advice is at least accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

It looks like the contrast/exposure was actually quite harsh/strong, and you tried to correct it by bringing down the highlights. This has resulted in very flat contrast, with all highlights muted (and a yellow cast + light editing halos). You could try re-editing it without so much of the highlight reduction you've used, but the contrast/light was already pretty harsh, so not sure how successful that would be.
              Thank you so much for your feedback. I tried doing some corrections based on your suggestions, but I'm not quite sure if it actually turned out better.

Here's the image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copia de IMG_2421.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	429.1 KB
ID:	1123990

Would this be good enough to upload or should I just move on to another photo?

Comment

If you're going to give advice, please try to make sure that advice is at least accurate.
                Sorry dlowwa, I just never encounter this shooting conditions with grey clouds

Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback. I tried doing some corrections based on your suggestions, but I'm not quite sure if it actually turned out better.

Here's the image:

Would this be good enough to upload or should I just move on to another photo?
                  Better than the rejected image, certainly. Dark areas/shadows still a bit washed out so could still be a contrast rejection, but would be ok for me.

Comment

Better than the rejected image, certainly. Dark areas/shadows still a bit washed out so could still be a contrast rejection, but would be ok for me.
                    Thank you for the advice.

Comment

Hi, it's been a while since I've attempted to post at jetphotos and I would appreciate any feedback with the following images. Thanks.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi, it's been a while since I've attempted to post at jetphotos and I would appreciate any feedback with the following images. Thanks.
                        1-2, 5. soft, color, dirty
                        2. soft, contrast
                        4. soft, color, horizon

White balance much too warm on most of those.

Comment

1-2, 5. soft, color, dirty
                          2. soft, contrast
                          4. soft, color, horizon

White balance much too warm on most of those.
                          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X