Prescreening / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescreening / editing advice

hi, I am just wanting to know if these photos will be suitable for jetphotos?
    Attached Files

also these 2 if possible
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello not screener but, I'm just gonna say the obvious ones because I don't have an screener eye
      1 heat hazed
      2 backlit, could result in contrast rejection
      3 heat hazed, contrast
      4, dust spot/birds, narrower cropping needed
      5 heat hazed, backlit, narrower cropping needed
      Most of these are unfixable, Thank you

Comment

how do you know if a photo is backlit? i never understood it

Comment

Originally posted by Tele View Post
          how do you know if a photo is backlit? i never understood it
          Backlit is like the sunlight/light source was coming from the other side of the aircraft where you stood, real life example,
          if your brother is holding a candle behind a wall, you cant see the candle light but your brother could
          When you upload to jp, the light must be from your shooting side or above, but if the light is from above like noon time (11-13), 50/50 acceptance base on screener

Comment

yeah i know that, but how do you tell it off from the plane? like is there a shadow you're looking for or something

Comment

yeah i know that, but how do you tell it off from the plane? like is there a shadow you're looking for or something
              Definitely experience, backlit is normally easy to see but specially for the Finnair which is gearing up, seeing one by looking at the vertical stabilizer if the tail is on shadow, its backlit

Comment

Okay and I got another question, I had one of my photos rejected for too much / too little contrast and I am wondering, how do you actually fix the contrast properly on lightroom? Do you use the black and white slider till you get the white triangles, or do you use the contrast slider itself?

Comment

Okay and I got another question, I had one of my photos rejected for too much / too little contrast and I am wondering, how do you actually fix the contrast properly on lightroom? Do you use the black and white slider till you get the white triangles, or do you use the contrast slider itself?
                  We normally see the histogram level, but still can be easily seen. I cant advice on the slider thing

Comment

tried to improve the Finnair picture with cropping, don't know if this is any better or not
                    Attached Files

Comment

tried to improve the Finnair picture with cropping, don't know if this is any better or not
                      The cropping is better but not enough, the bird under the nose is also becoming a rejection issue, can I know what lens you use?

Comment

It's a Tamron 70-300mm F/4-5.6 lens for Nikon

Comment

hi, I am just wanting to know if these photos will be suitable for jetphotos?
                          #1 heat haze, soft and color
                          #2 backlit
                          #3 contrast, blurry, uncentered and color

Comment

thoughts on this? didn't know how I should properly crop it, but hopefully this is okay.
                            Attached Files

Comment

thoughts on this? didn't know how I should properly crop it, but hopefully this is okay.
                              Cropping is ok, quality is not.

Comment

Working...
                              X