Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a rejection is for a miniscule issue, is it possible to recliam a queue slot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a rejection is for a miniscule issue, is it possible to recliam a queue slot?

I made a submission of this Cessna 172S, and the only problem with it was that it was a little low. That's fine, but I can't do anything about it because I used the queue slot with the initial photo that I thought was fine, but isn't.​​​
    First of all: I have just had a pretty rough patch of submissions, and this was my last queue slot for the next 10 days. Is there any way I can recover that queue slot to resubmit the minute correction I made?
    Second: Is there a tool I can use (I currently use Lightroom CC to do all my editing) to center the aircraft in the frame without having to "eyeball" it?

Thank you
    -JM

The rejected submission is to the right, and the revised to the left.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jetphotos-candidate-74.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	1123096Click image for larger version

Name:	jetphotos-candidate-69.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	549.1 KB
ID:	1123097
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JMarcinuk; 2021-09-07, 23:57.

not a screener.

first question probably no

second question: I also use LRCC. When I do cropping, there are guide lines and it is very easy to spot at least the center of the crop. Then just move your image so that the center of the aircraft is at the same vertical level as the center and you're good.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by JMarcinuk View Post
      First of all: I have just had a pretty rough patch of submissions, and this was my last queue slot for the next 10 days. Is there any way I can recover that queue slot to resubmit the minute correction I made?
      There is not. That is the whole point of the slot-restricted system. We hope that you make the utmost effort to ensure that you select only your best images, and that those images are acceptable before uploading. If not the time we would need to spend rejecting unfit images would multiply exponentially.

Comment

Originally posted by JMarcinuk View Post
        Second: Is there a tool I can use (I currently use Lightroom CC to do all my editing) to centre the aircraft in the frame without having to "eyeball" it?
        You can,

Step one, crop to the desired aspect ratio. I personally use 16x9 for most things, however, it depends on the image and framing.
        Step two, in lightroom, press the 'o' key until reaching the cropping grid which looks like a mesh, as seen in the image below.
        Step three, find the centre point of the grid and try to line it up with the middle of the aircraft, depending on the angle, I usually try to line the centre point up with the aircraft's windows, or thereabout. It all depends on the image. For the Cessna, I'd personally find the middle point in line with the top of the 'N' on the registration.

This is how I personally crop, hopefully, this helps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.50.20 am.png Views:	0 Size:	197.2 KB ID:	1123108
        View me on JetPhotos

Comment

There are a selection of screening tools available once you have submitted your photo to the queue, including a centering tool which you can use to check your centering. You can always delete the photo from the queue before it gets screened.

This is how I do my centering at the cropping stage. I use Photoshop for my cropping. You can see I have rotated the image. I have my crop box set up as a 3 x 3 box with a center point showing. Then I place the aircraft fuselage into the middle line of boxes and move it about until I'm happy, then crop. Ignore the dust spots, they get removed after the crop stage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	479.9 KB
ID:	1123118

Comment

Working...
          X