X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underexposed Rejections

Hey JP Team

Just had 2x photos rejected due to Dark/Underexposed

Just a little confused as the histograms if anything show over exposed but not too dark or under exposed?

Appreciate peoples answers and comments

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Originally posted by TNH_Aviation View Post
    Hey JP Team

Just had 2x photos rejected due to Dark/Underexposed

Just a little confused as the histograms if anything show over exposed but not too dark or under exposed?

Appreciate peoples answers and comments

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9503549
    First one I would have probably voted to add, might be worth an appeal.

Second one I would say is more backlit looking at the shadows. The side you are showing us is largely in shadow and would be inclined to vote reject for backlit. Not really dark though.

Comment

I agree with James. Appeal the first one but the second one is over the edge of backlit. I would have taken that shot from the other side.
      But dark/underexposed ? No, never. The highlight whites will burn out if exposure is increased.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I agree about appealing the 1st one
        2nd one is very clearly backlit (see shadow on ground) - But despite what Brian just said it IS dark and at the same time overexposed. How is that ? simply because dark tones are underexposed while light tones are overexposed creating a harsh contrast - Check histogram for confirmation

Regards
        ​​​​​​​Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
          I agree about appealing the 1st one
          2nd one is very clearly backlit (see shadow on ground) - But despite what Brian just said it IS dark and at the same time overexposed. How is that ? simply because dark tones are underexposed while light tones are overexposed creating a harsh contrast - Check histogram for confirmation

Regards
          ​​​​​​​Alex
          If the darks are too dark and the brights are too bright would that not be a contrast issue rather than exposure?

Comment

yes, backlit and contrast should have been the rejection reasons

Comment

Hi Team a couple of rejections i have which I'm confused about

Firstly the below I got this rejected a month back for over sharpening which is fine so i re uploaded the exact same image with less sharpening now i get different reasons for rejection - Subject too far / too much dead space Vignetting not allowed

Firstly I don't see any issue with the plane being to far or too much space and it wasn't an issue last time, secondly where is the vignetting? its the same image too as last time

Second image is below and the issue this time is Subject too far / too much dead space Horizon unlevel Categories wrong or missing

Again what's with the too much dead space all of a sudden? these two images below I uploaded seems to have no problem getting accepted and has just as much space if not more

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10439700 & https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10439698

Lastly I cant see anything wrong with the horizon but I may be wrong?

Comment

Hi Team a couple of rejections i have which I'm confused about

Firstly the below I got this rejected a month back for over sharpening which is fine so i re uploaded the exact same image with less sharpening now i get different reasons for rejection - Subject too far / too much dead space Vignetting not allowed

Firstly I don't see any issue with the plane being to far or too much space and it wasn't an issue last time, secondly where is the vignetting? its the same image too as last time

Second image is below and the issue this time is Subject too far / too much dead space Horizon unlevel Categories wrong or missing

Again what's with the too much dead space all of a sudden? these two images below I uploaded seems to have no problem getting accepted and has just as much space if not more

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10439700 & https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10439698

Lastly I cant see anything wrong with the horizon but I may be wrong?
                Subjective calls on all (accepted + rejected); imho they should all be cropped a bit tighter, so the two rejections were not totally unreasonable though I will admit the first is pretty borderline. Don't see any vignetting issue on the first rejected image either. Second one needs a little CCW.

Comment

Would like to know what's overprocessed etc. with the below image cheers

Comment

Would like to know what's overprocessed etc. with the below image cheers

Editing halos visible.

Comment

Working...
                    X