Pre Screening Advice -- Centering/Exposure/Categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Screening Advice -- Centering/Exposure/Categories

Hello, I submitted a version of this picture last night and it was rejected for Wrong Categories, Bad Exposure, and Bad Centering. I did some changes, and I now have the photo you see below. I intend to submit it as a "Hot Photo" as the name of the aircraft was not painted on it last time it was uploaded to the database.
    What do you all think of the centering job and exposure (is it good? should I change something?). Also, when submitting, should I check off any boxes (e.g. special livery or cargo). It can carry cargo, though that's not its primary function, and I'm not sure whether a unique name is considered a "special livery".

Thanks for the help!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jetphotos-candidate-100.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	1124825

It's a tad low in frame is what I can see, but to fix this is very easy. So, to see framing, go to your photos page in Jetphotos and then go to "manage queued photos" and click on the photo that you've put in queue. Then, click "center" and the image that pops up will show the photo's framing. I've attached an example. So, you basically want the vertical and horizontal lines (like a crosshair) to meet in the centre of the fuselage. This will make sure that it is not too low or high in frame and make sure that it doesn't get rejected. So, after this, go back into your photo editing software such as lightroom and position the aircraft higher or lower in frame (depending on the photo) and keep checking the centre tool when you upload the photo to check whether you've got it. It may take a few tries, but it becomes easier in time. Also, when uploading a "hot" photo, you can put in a rego for another plane (anything) i.e. N772UA to stop it being immediately screened. This will give you time to make sure the photo is good. Congrats on getting the photo accepted too.

Hope that helps...

Example:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 11.02.24 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	186.5 KB ID:	1124905
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Winginit View Post
      It's a tad low in frame is what I can see, but to fix this is very easy. So, to see framing, go to your photos page in Jetphotos and then go to "manage queued photos" and click on the photo that you've put in queue. Then, click "center" and the image that pops up will show the photo's framing. I've attached an example. So, you basically want the vertical and horizontal lines (like a crosshair) to meet in the centre of the fuselage. This will make sure that it is not too low or high in frame and make sure that it doesn't get rejected. So, after this, go back into your photo editing software such as lightroom and position the aircraft higher or lower in frame (depending on the photo) and keep checking the centre tool when you upload the photo to check whether you've got it. It may take a few tries, but it becomes easier in time. Also, when uploading a "hot" photo, you can put in a rego for another plane (anything) i.e. N772UA to stop it being immediately screened. This will give you time to make sure the photo is good. Congrats on getting the photo accepted too.

Hope that helps...

Example:
      Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 11.02.24 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	186.5 KB ID:	1124905
      Yep thanks! I got similar advice from friends but you also gave some good tips for the long-term, thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X