Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPG COMPRESSION ARTEFACTS & BAD POSTPROCESSING

Good afternoon guys!

Can someone kindly clarify the meaning of the above please, commonly used on a mobile shot? I'm not pretending that everyone throws his cameras away but for some static aircraft a suitable mobile will do anyway & today's mobiles shoot quite good pictures. https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/6/87173_1633442826.jpg - let's take this as an example, what's wrong with it please? Moreover, how can I remove these JPG compression artefacts?

TIA!

Mobile shots are good but a mobile camera cannot compete with a professional camera in terms of image quality.

You should be less aggressive when removing noise from your photo taken by your phone. Remember to save your photos with the highest quality possible after editing. Also use smaller image sizes; 1920 px is way too large for a mobile shot.

The problem is mostly the sky. JPG artefacts are visible after equalizing the shot in Adobe PS. Try taking RAW photos with your phone and edit those.

Hope that helps,
    Cheers

Comment

Mobile shots are not advised, normally image quality or Noise reduction problems as I faced. (Calvin L aviation photos on JetPhotos)

Comment

I don't think I've ever accepted a 1920px shot taken on a mobile phone camera. Although modern phone cameras are pretty decent, they seem to produce a lot of noise due to the small sensors they use. They will also process the photo into a jpg with significant compression which you generally can't control. You can shoot raw on most phones now but still the noise from the sensor might be an issue.
        With your photo, I'm seeing halos along the edges, and these are most likely sharpening halos, therefore an over-processed rejection. Your best chances of success are still with a stand alone camera.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211005_103331JP.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	774.6 KB
ID:	1125102 Thanks for all your help guys! Better or worse please?

TIA!

Comment

Originally posted by abela.daniel View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20211005_103331JP.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	774.6 KB
ID:	1125102 Thanks for all your help guys! Better or worse please?

TIA!
            Would be an oversharpened/compression rejection from me. Quality is not great, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
              I don't think I've ever accepted a 1920px shot taken on a mobile phone camera. Although modern phone cameras are pretty decent, they seem to produce a lot of noise due to the small sensors they use. They will also process the photo into a jpg with significant compression which you generally can't control. You can shoot raw on most phones now but still the noise from the sensor might be an issue.
              With your photo, I'm seeing halos along the edges, and these are most likely sharpening halos, therefore an over-processed rejection. Your best chances of success are still with a stand alone camera.
              I've had a couple accepted - ZK-MCS and ZK-NPE at 1920, iPhone SE

Comment

Working...
              X