Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamesbird - editing query

Hi all,

This image was rejected for overprocessing, I'd be interested to know what is wrong with it?

I'm aware of the composition issue, though this was done in an attempt to highlight the promixity of the aircraft to the ground with the gear cleaned up early, so I'm more interested in what the issue with the processing is.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9548072

Originally posted by jamesbird View Post
    Hi all,

This image was rejected for overprocessing, I'd be interested to know what is wrong with it?

I'm aware of the composition issue, though this was done in an attempt to highlight the promixity of the aircraft to the ground with the gear cleaned up early, so I'm more interested in what the issue with the processing is.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9548072
    Cause by strong halos, without looking through Check For Dust tool I could see it clearly in the tail and above the cockpit. If you are using Nikon, please say so

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin L View Post

Cause by strong halos, without looking through Check For Dust tool I could see it clearly in the tail and above the cockpit. If you are using Nikon, please say so
      I shoot RAW, D-Lighting doesn't apply.

You see, I've seen the term 'strong halos' used a fair bit on here but I cannot see any discernible change in sky tone around the tail, especially not when looking on the relatively low resolution file to be uploaded here. I can see it above the cockpit when using check for dust tool only but I'm struggling to understand the use of that tool for this purpose.

If anything I'd have said the only place any sort of halo is noticeable is under the nose and cockpit where the aircraft has shadows against the sky? Is that the effect that's being looked for here?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbird View Post

I shoot RAW, D-Lighting doesn't apply.

You see, I've seen the term 'strong halos' used a fair bit on here but I cannot see any discernible change in sky tone around the tail, especially not when looking on the relatively low resolution file to be uploaded here. I can see it above the cockpit when using check for dust tool only but I'm struggling to understand the use of that tool for this purpose.

If anything I'd have said the only place any sort of halo is noticeable is under the nose and cockpit where the aircraft has shadows against the sky? Is that the effect that's being looked for here?
        Not screened by me, but the area of sky in the center of the frame is darker than the rest of the sky:

Click image for larger version  Name:	69895_1633729396.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	595.2 KB ID:	1125704

As this area conforms to the shape of the top of the aircraft, this would indicate that it's not a naturally occurring phenomenon, though there is the (unlikely but possible) chance something like smoke in the background has taken that same shape. However, as I hinted, the vast majority of time this is due to editing, and the further halos you point out around the cockpit would seem to confirm this.

Comment

Working...
        X