Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jag_guar
    replied
    Hello, I am seeking clarification regarding similar photo rules. According to upload guidelines it is suggested that more than one window shot from the same aircraft is allowable.

"2.6 Similar

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database.
    We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than two)."

Here's my situation. Photo 11573381 was rejected with the only reason being that a similar photo was in queue at the same time. It was quite surprising to me that the screening decision was made based on a different photo not yet accepted into the database. Then, 3 days later, photo 11579267 was also rejected (for a different reason). Therefore neither of the photos were uploaded to database and it seems that the reason for rejecting photo 11573381 is no longer valid.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I am aware that rejection decision will likely not be reviewed but before attempting to reupload 11573381, and for future knowledge, I would like to understand the following:

1) Are there any issues with the image itself, other than it being considered similar to another?
    2) What is the correct and current guidelines regarding wing view photos? If it is indeed limited to 1 image per registration, perhaps there is an opportunity to update the upload guidelines stating the same?

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Jag_guar View Post

That was precisely my question - what caused editing halos in the attached (original) image, as it had zero post processing done to it? Is it something in the camera settings? If so, which ones?
    Sorry, but you'll probably need to self-diagnose that. I have no idea what camera you even use, let alone what settings you might have adjusted (or not). D-Lighting on Nikons is always a culprit, but dehaze, clarity, etc.. so many different things could cause them.

Leave a comment:

• Jag_guar
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Editing halos visible in both images, though stronger in the rejected one.
    That was precisely my question - what caused editing halos in the attached (original) image, as it had zero post processing done to it? Is it something in the camera settings? If so, which ones?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, looking for some help with this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11496427

I am unclear what would have caused overprocessing as there was minimal post processing done to this image. As reference, I am attaching the original jpeg with no post editing other than resizing to be allowed for an upload in this forum. If 'editing halos' referring to the dark band above the aircraft - it is also present in the original image and I am not sure how it could have been avoided. Would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks. ​
    Editing halos visible in both images, though stronger in the rejected one.

Leave a comment:

• TRTPUwU
    replied
    adding highlights, shadows and other editing tools makes a image overprossesed, just edit it normally but only using sharpness/exposure/tint/saturation/contrast/cropping and leveling tools.

Leave a comment:

• Jag_guar
    replied
    Hi, looking for some help with this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11496427

I am unclear what would have caused overprocessing as there was minimal post processing done to this image. As reference, I am attaching the original jpeg with no post editing other than resizing to be allowed for an upload in this forum. If 'editing halos' referring to the dark band above the aircraft - it is also present in the original image and I am not sure how it could have been avoided. Would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks. ​
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

OK, thanks. Would these edits be acceptable?
    Poor contrast on both.

Leave a comment:

• Jag_guar
    replied
    Any feedback on my previous post please?

Leave a comment:

• Jag_guar
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Contrast borderline on the second though would have been ok (but not the oversharpening). First would have been a contrast rejection for me as well. Second might benefit from a boost in the contrast and slight decrease in the exposure.
    OK, thanks. Would these edits be acceptable?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, looking for opinion on these rejections. TBH the contrast doesn't look too bad to me... any suggestions if/how to fix? Thanks.
    Contrast borderline on the second though would have been ok (but not the oversharpening). First would have been a contrast rejection for me as well. Second might benefit from a boost in the contrast and slight decrease in the exposure.

Leave a comment:

• Jag_guar
    replied
    Hi, looking for opinion on these rejections. TBH the contrast doesn't look too bad to me... any suggestions if/how to fix? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, prescreen advise on this one please. I see a bunch of white specks on an equalized image, not sure what they are (don't believe they are dust spots as they don't show on other pictures in the series); wondering if they may cause a rejection. Thanks.
    Overprocessed.

Leave a comment:

• Jag_guar
    replied
    Hi, prescreen advise on this one please. I see a bunch of white specks on an equalized image, not sure what they are (don't believe they are dust spots as they don't show on other pictures in the series); wondering if they may cause a rejection. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, may I have this one prescreened please. Note that it would be a new registration to db. Thanks.
    Contrast is quite poor.

Leave a comment:

• Jag_guar
    replied
    Hi, may I have this one prescreened please. Note that it would be a new registration to db. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023_09_10_041.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	686.5 KB
ID:	1175894

Leave a comment:

Working...
X