• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jag_guar View Post
    Is this better?
    Not really.

Also, tweaked this one a bit; how does it look re: noise/contrast?
    Noise is ok, but still likely a dark/contrast rejection.

Comment

OK thanks, I won't persist with that one. Can I get a prescreen of these photos please. All were taken in the golden hour on different days and I am unsure whether brightness is considered adequate. Also, let me know if all of these would qualify as night shots. Thanks.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2021_07_21_9_74-2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	702.3 KB
ID:	1127206Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_08_09_9_67.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	684.1 KB
ID:	1127207Click image for larger version

Name:	2021_09_29_9_16.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	653.4 KB
ID:	1127208Click image for larger version

Name:	2021_09_18_9_191.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	682.3 KB
ID:	1127209

Comment

The Air France needs a bit more exposure, the others look fine to me

Regards
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
          The Air France needs a bit more exposure, the others look fine to me

Regards
          Alex
          Thanks Alex. Should I tick 'night shot' for these?

Comment

Hello, I need help with a couple of rejections.

1. Air Inuit: Can you explain what the specific issue with over processing is. I applied only minimal editing to this photo and had it prescreened in this forum as well to be sure. If there are any visible issues with the image it would be helpful to know what they are and what can I do to avoid them in the future.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Tail somewhat soft, but would be acceptable for me.
            2. Copa: I understand the horizon reason but unclear what categories are wrong or missing (I don't think there is a way for me to see what categories I selected during original upload, once the photo has been screened, is there?) - can you confirm please.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Lastly, once I make the corrections (e.g. horizon, categories), would I need to wait 2 weeks for queue to clear and then re-upload from scratch or is there a way to make updates to a rejected photo? Thanks.

Comment

Hello, I need help with a couple of rejections.

1. Air Inuit: Can you explain what the specific issue with over processing is. I applied only minimal editing to this photo and had it prescreened in this forum as well to be sure. If there are any visible issues with the image it would be helpful to know what they are and what can I do to avoid them in the future.
              Very light editing halos on the treeline/tail. Not really an issue for me, but the screeners who saw your image disagreed. Probably caused by shadow/highlight/vibrance/etc. tool in editing.

2. Copa: I understand the horizon reason but unclear what categories are wrong or missing (I don't think there is a way for me to see what categories I selected during original upload, once the photo has been screened, is there?) - can you confirm please.
              Special scheme.

Lastly, once I make the corrections (e.g. horizon, categories), would I need to wait 2 weeks for queue to clear and then re-upload from scratch or is there a way to make updates to a rejected photo? Thanks.
              Please resubmit to the regular queue.

Comment

Ok, thanks. Just to be clear, for Copa - should it be a special scheme or not (if I remember correctly I thought I did tick 'special scheme' box)?

Comment

Ok, thanks. Just to be clear, for Copa - should it be a special scheme or not (if I remember correctly I thought I did tick 'special scheme' box)?
                  Yes Copa is a Special Scheme category, please tick it

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin L View Post

Yes Copa is a Special Scheme category, please tick it
                    Thanks.

Comment

Hi, got another 'contrast' rejection.

As the lighting conditions were decent (and another photo from same set was accepted), I hope this one is not a lost cause and can be corrected with editing. Attaching below my attempt to correct rejected photo (with slight tone curve adjustments) - what do you think? Does it look better or are there any 'overprocessing' issues noticeable now? Thanks.

Name:	2021_09_18_9_217-3.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	704.7 KB
ID:	1127795

Comment

Hi, got another 'contrast' rejection.

As the lighting conditions were decent (and another photo from same set was accepted), I hope this one is not a lost cause and can be corrected with editing. Attaching below my attempt to correct rejected photo (with slight tone curve adjustments) - what do you think? Does it look better or are there any 'overprocessing' issues noticeable now? Thanks.
                        Looks more like an underexposure problem than with contrast. Try brightening it up a bit, though adding some contrast might help as well. There is also a sharpening halo visible around the tail as well as at least one dust spot.

Comment

How's this? I added a tad of exposure and contrast, reduced sharpening and removed what could be one of the dust spots above door #3 (although had to look really hard for them and can't even be sure it was a dust spot - if you still see any, can you please point them out for me). Thanks.

Name:	2021_09_18_9_217-4.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	709.2 KB
ID:	1127827

Comment

How's this? I added a tad of exposure and contrast, reduced sharpening and removed what could be one of the dust spots above door #3 (although had to look really hard for them and can't even be sure it was a dust spot - if you still see any, can you please point them out for me).
                            Slight improvement, but all issues remain. Dust spot:

Name:	image_44506.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	722.6 KB
ID:	1127842

Comment

Hi, would love an opinion on these photos please. Specific concerns are: brightness, softness and centering/horizon but of course any other feedback is welcome. Thank you.

Name:	2018_09_09_9_85.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	639.3 KB
ID:	1128008Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_09_09_9_91.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	647.0 KB
ID:	1128009Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_09_09_9_103-2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	672.8 KB
ID:	1128010Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_09_09_9_1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	969.0 KB
ID:	1128011Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_09_09_9_23.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	513.2 KB
ID:	1128012

Comment

Hi, would love an opinion on these photos please. Specific concerns are: brightness, softness and centering/horizon but of course any other feedback is welcome.
                                1-3. soft/blurry, borderline contrast
                                4. borderline contrast/horizon (maybe a bit ccw)
                                5. soft/blurry, contrast

Comment

Working...
                                X