CharlieTripp - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
    What causes the overprocessed, the amount of the previous photos is very similar to what I have done with almost all my photos, could this be because of how blue the sky already is so any adding of saturation and vibrance is instantly too much. It is likely that the second photo is unfixable because of the not perfect lighting? I also am confused about the dirty for the third photo I don't see any dust spots when using lightroom's tool.

Thanks
    1. overprocessed. editing halos visible. Also too low in the frame, sorry I missed that before.
    2. contrast. terrible angle, terrible light. Probably not fixable.
    3. overprocessed. as above.
    4. borderline cut off.

Comment

I definingly fixed the cut off issue but am still a little confused with the overprocessed if these new photos have not fixed that issue, what exactly do you mean by overprocessed?

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

I definingly fixed the cut off issue but am still a little confused with the overprocessed if these new photos have not fixed that issue, what exactly do you mean by overprocessed?
        Editing halos (and dust spots) visible, more prevalent on the first.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Editing halos (and dust spots) visible, more prevalent on the first.
          Are the last three fine or do they need work as well?

Comment

Are the last three fine or do they need work as well?
            Borderline contrast and crops are a bit tight.

Comment

I fixed the crop and I think I fixed the contrast for the first three. The last two are new but were taken with more optimal settings requiring less highlight editing. 4th might be a little dark. 5th is probably to cropped in to much.

Thanks for the advice
              Attached Files

Comment

I fixed the crop and I think I fixed the contrast for the first three. The last two are new but were taken with more optimal settings requiring less highlight editing. 4th might be a little dark. 5th is probably to cropped in to much.

Thanks for the advice
                1-3. borderline contrast, but otherwise ok for me
                4. dark/harsh contrast
                5. soft/heat hazed

Comment

I tried to upping the contrast for the first three, and tried to fix the editing halos, if this doesn't get the 4th close, what options are there to remove change brightness of part of a photo is that kind of a photo unfixable?

Thanks for the help
                  Attached Files

Comment

I tried to upping the contrast for the first three, and tried to fix the editing halos, if this doesn't get the 4th close, what options are there to remove change brightness of part of a photo is that kind of a photo unfixable?
                    1-3. borderline contrast/oversharpened. not going to comment on these again.
                    4. dark, centering, noisy, soft, vignetting. without seeing the original, couldn't say if fixable or not, but my guess would be no.

Comment

• I am going to give up on the that 4th photo, Thanks for your help I learned a bunch trying to fix that photo. I have some more that hopefully don't have the same problems.
                      m
                      Thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
                        I am going to give up on the that 4th photo, Thanks for your help I learned a bunch trying to fix that photo. I have some more that hopefully don't have the same problems.
                        1. dark, noisy
                        2. borderline (harsh) contrast

Comment

• What can I do to fix the noisy issue with the first photo and what causes that photo to be noisy when others taken with the same settings at about the same time are not? I tried to fix the borderline contrast. I expect there to be issues with the new ones, they were taken on a camera that has dust spot issues and I don't use it nearly as much.

Thanks for the help
                          Attached Files

Comment

What can I do to fix the noisy issue with the first photo and what causes that photo to be noisy when others taken with the same settings at about the same time are not? I tried to fix the borderline contrast. I expect there to be issues with the new ones, they were taken on a camera that has dust spot issues and I don't use it nearly as much.

Thanks for the help
                            You could try adjusting your NR settings when processing, but it could be there is inherently a large amount of noise being produced, either due to your sensor, or other factors like a significant crop.

Comment

• I am guessing that noise is caused by cropping. Is this a problem for all of the photos? The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd have a mild crop and 4th has a fairly significant crop. What do you deem a significant crop? I will upload the uncropped size of the photo for very close to what the first three have been cropped from and the photo after cropping. Also are they any other issues?

Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

I am guessing that noise is caused by cropping. Is this a problem for all of the photos? The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd have a mild crop and 4th has a fairly significant crop. What do you deem a significant crop? I will upload the uncropped size of the photo for very close to what the first three have been cropped from and the photo after cropping. Also are they any other issues?

Thanks
                                Not a huge crop, but not insignificant either. If I had to guess, I'd say the noise was the result of a combination of thecrop, dark sky, and ineffective NR.

Comment

Working...
                                X