Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gave up on a couple photos but tried to fix the ones that I thought were worth it.

    Thanks
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
      Gave up on a couple photos but tried to fix the ones that I thought were worth it.
      1. borderline soft/overprocessed
      2. borderline sharpening/contrast, but ok for me
      3. cut off, borderline soft/heat haze

      Comment


      • How would I deal with borderline overprocessed? Lower contrast or saturation/vibrance. One last attempt on these photos, thanks for the advice
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
          How would I deal with borderline overprocessed? Lower contrast or saturation/vibrance. One last attempt on these photos, thanks for the advice
          1. borderline overprocessed. some light halos visible, but couldn't tell you what the cause was.
          2. soft/heat hazed
          3. ok for me save for the small dust spot below the engines

          Comment


          • What causes overprocessed or it is a combination of everything that has been done to edit the photo? Advice on these new photos is very helpful.

            Thanks
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
              What causes overprocessed or it is a combination of everything that has been done to edit the photo? Advice on these new photos is very helpful.

              Thanks
              Overprocesed from poor editing techniques like over reliance on shadow/highlight, clarity, de-haze, etc..

              Slightly oversharpened but ok for me on first four, last one a bit heat hazed.

              Comment


              • I am assuming you are saying the 5th photo is unfixable with the heat haze that I has so I choose a different photo of the same plane and I also have 4 others that I would like advice on.

                Thanks
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
                  I am assuming you are saying the 5th photo is unfixable with the heat haze that I has so I choose a different photo of the same plane and I also have 4 others that I would like advice on.

                  Thanks
                  1. dark, dirty
                  2. soft, dirty
                  3. dark, dirty
                  4. dark, centering, overprocessed
                  5. horizon, heat haze

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                    1. dark, dirty
                    2. soft, dirty
                    3. dark, dirty
                    4. dark, centering, overprocessed
                    5. horizon, heat haze
                    Thanks, I tried to fix the Issues
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post

                      Thanks, I tried to fix the Issues
                      1. dark
                      2. borderline dark
                      3. borderline dark/overprocessed

                      Comment


                      • Tried to fix the dark issue on the first and have four new photos.

                        Thanks for the help
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
                          Tried to fix the dark issue on the first and have four new photos.

                          Thanks for the help
                          1-3. borderline oversharpened
                          4. dark
                          5. dirty, awkward crop on right

                          Comment


                          • Thanks, I have a couple rejected photos that I tried to fix
                            1 Rejected for: Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
                            Dark / Underexposed
                            Too much or too little contrast

                            2.Dark / Underexposed

                            3. Horizon unlevel

                            Other 2 not rejected just prescreening
                            Thanks for the advice and help
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
                              Thanks, I have a couple rejected photos that I tried to fix
                              Other 2 not rejected just prescreening
                              Thanks for the advice and help
                              1. dark, overprocessed, centering
                              2. ok for me
                              3. horizon, borderline soft
                              4. horizon, dirty
                              5. noisy, contrast, dirty

                              Comment


                              • Tried to fix the issues. I also have an attempt at a wing view not sure what it is should be, another photo of helicopter

                                Thanks
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X