Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Is the Second photo unfixable? I am a little confused what to do with a photo that is backlit. What do you recommend I should do with the borderline photos continue to make small adjustments or get them screen and fix if rejected?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
      Is the Second photo unfixable? I am a little confused what to do with a photo that is backlit. What do you recommend I should do with the borderline photos continue to make small adjustments or get them screen and fix if rejected?
      I'm not a crew

      Backlit images are not acceptable and fixable.
      Never bother to upload it.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Calvin L View Post
        I'm not a crew

        Backlit images are not acceptable and fixable.
        Never bother to upload it.
        Thanks, but I am confused with what you are saying, are you saying Backlit images are NOT fixable?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post

          Thanks, but I am confused with what you are saying, are you saying Backlit images are NOT fixable?
          As far I experience yes

          From the guidelines here

          Backlit 5.1

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
            Is the Second photo unfixable? I am a little confused what to do with a photo that is backlit. What do you recommend I should do with the borderline photos continue to make small adjustments or get them screen and fix if rejected?
            Unless done for effect (silhouette, etc.) backlit images are usually not acceptable. For borderline images you can continue to try to improve them, or simply submit them as-is understanding that the chance of rejection is just as good as the chance of acceptance.

            Comment


            • #36
              I tried something different to try to fix the the softness, might help might not

              Thanks for the help
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
                I tried something different to try to fix the the softness, might help might not

                Thanks for the help
                1. contrast, soft
                2-4. soft
                5. noisy, borderline soft.

                Will not comment on these any more.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I think I may of found a solid solution to my sharpening problems. Advice on that will be super helpful

                  Thanks
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Still learning how to properly sharpen the photos advice is appreciated

                    Thanks
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
                      Still learning how to properly sharpen the photos advice is appreciated

                      Thanks
                      1. dark/contrast
                      2. centering, contrast, borderline soft
                      3. horizon
                      5. dark/contrast

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Corrected Horizon on the second Photo, I think the first photo may be dark. I am guessing for the 5th photo I should mark as exclude from FR24 because of weird angle. Other Advice is helpful

                        Thanks
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
                          Corrected Horizon on the second Photo, I think the first photo may be dark. I am guessing for the 5th photo I should mark as exclude from FR24 because of weird angle. Other Advice is helpful

                          Thanks
                          1. dark/contrast, oversharpened/overprocessed
                          2. ok for me
                          3. dark/contrast
                          4. borderline soft/(harsh) contrast
                          5. backlit, vignetting, dirty

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I am a little confused with the what you said about the 4th photo does it need way more or way less contrast? What is the best way to decide if a photo is possibly acceptable when there is a grey cloud behind it or do you stay away from them, and choose photos with only a mostly blue sky?

                            Thanks
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
                              I am a little confused with the what you said about the 4th photo does it need way more or way less contrast? What is the best way to decide if a photo is possibly acceptable when there is a grey cloud behind it or do you stay away from them, and choose photos with only a mostly blue sky?

                              Thanks
                              Harsh contrast means the contrast is too strong. If there is no direct light falling on the subject (aircraft) the chances of the image being accepted fall dramatically. The background has little to do with it.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Okay Thanks, that really helps me understand why many of my photos are marked with contrast. Advice on these three is helpful
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X