CharlieTripp - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
    Okay Thanks, that really helps me understand why many of my photos are marked with contrast. Advice on these three is helpful
    1. soft, noisy, dark, centering. not fixable.
    2. borderline oversharpened/(harsh) contrast
    3. oversharpened, dark/contrast. not fixable.

Comment

If there is a photo that has direct sunlight on it and is still marked as harsh contrast does that mean I need to lower the contrast that have adding with editing? And I have a couple of photos I would like advice on. I believe they may need to be sharpened a little more but not sure.
      Attached Files

Comment

If there is a photo that has direct sunlight on it and is still marked as harsh contrast does that mean I need to lower the contrast that have adding with editing?
        Correct.

And I have a couple of photos I would like advice on. I believe they may need to be sharpened a little more but not sure.
        1. oversharpened, noisy
        2. soft, borderline contrast

Comment

I tried to fix the sharpening and contrast of these photos, advice is helpful
          Attached Files

Comment

I tried to fix the sharpening and contrast of these photos, advice is helpful
            1. contrast, dark, oversharpened. please give up on this one.
            2. oversharpened, noisy
            3-5. oversharpened, borderline (harsh) contrast

Comment

By saying borderline harsh contrast do you mean that the photos have slightly to much contrast? If that is not what you mean these photos need to be fixed for contrast but the sharpening hopefully is better. other advice is also helpful.
              Attached Files

Comment

By saying borderline harsh contrast do you mean that the photos have slightly to much contrast?
                Yes.

1-3. borderline dark/contrast. The harsh light might end up in a color rejection as well.
                4-5. oversharpened, noisy.

Will not comment on these any more.

Comment

How would a color rejection be fixed for it not fixable? Advice on the new photos is appreciated.

Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

How would a color rejection be fixed for it not fixable? Advice on the new photos is appreciated.

Thanks
                    1. dark/contrast, centering. not fixable.
                    2. oversharpened, blurry, compression, centering
                    3. oversharpened, centering, cut off
                    4. oversharpened, centering
                    5. oversharpened, too far

Comment

For the three Delta planes what can I do to fix the possible color rejection? I am guess that the first photo doesn't have enough contrast but just wanted to check because I believe it would be a new registration. The other three the I tired to fix the problems

Thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

For the three Delta planes what can I do to fix the possible color rejection?
                        Adjust the white balance. It's a little too warm.

I am guess that the first photo doesn't have enough contrast but just wanted to check because I believe it would be a new registration. The other three the I tired to fix the problems
                        1. contrast, noisy, soft. not fixable.
                        2. cut off, borderline oversharpened
                        3. ok for me
                        4. borderline oversharpened/horizon (CCW)

Comment

I tried to fix the white balance I have almost no experience changing it so I probably moved it to much. I fixed the other problems. Not sure about white balance for 2 and sharpening for 1 and 3

Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

I tried to fix the white balance I have almost no experience changing it so I probably moved it to much. I fixed the other problems. Not sure about white balance for 2 and sharpening for 1 and 3

Thanks
                            All images are somewhat oversharpened but would otherwise be ok for me.

Comment

I tried to fix the sharpening but I am little confused by what somewhat means is that closer to borderline or closer just flat out rejected? Advice on the photos is helpful

Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

I tried to fix the sharpening but I am little confused by what somewhat means is that closer to borderline or closer just flat out rejected? Advice on the photos is helpful
                                These would be ok for me. Sometime I need to use slightly vague language to cover myself in case another screener doesn't agree with my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X