No announcement yet.

CharlieTripp - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not done much with aspect ratios, I just used 16:9 because it looks good on a computer screen, and fits most screens very well. I guess aspect ratio matters more than I thought it is possible for a photo rejection due to a aspect ratio that is not optimal but still falls with in the 4:3 to 3:2 or 16:9? Anyway I adjusted the aspect ratio to better fit the plane.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
      I have not done much with aspect ratios, I just used 16:9 because it looks good on a computer screen, and fits most screens very well. I guess aspect ratio matters more than I thought it is possible for a photo rejection due to a aspect ratio that is not optimal but still falls with in the 4:3 to 3:2 or 16:9? Anyway I adjusted the aspect ratio to better fit the plane.

Thanks
      Crop should be fine, but contrast might still be an issue.

Comment

Is this better on the contrast?

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Is this better on the contrast?

Thanks
          Not much difference imho.

Comment

I was making small changes because you said borderline and I understood that as I need to make a small change, is that incorrect?

Comment

I was making small changes because you said borderline and I understood that as I need to make a small change, is that incorrect?
              Your assumption was correct, but I don't think your change(s) will have made much difference as to whether it would be accepted or not.

Comment

I increased the contrast a solid amount and the brightness a little, I think this may be too much contrast but I am not sure
                Attached Files

Comment

I increased the contrast a solid amount and the brightness a little, I think this may be too much contrast but I am not sure
                  Honestly, I don't think more editing will provide a significant improvement. There was obviously some high, thin clouds impacting the light, and you'll just have to take your chances with it as it is.

Comment

I have another photo that is very similar but I don't think it will have the same contrast problems as the last as it was a super clear day.

Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have another photo that is very similar but I don't think it will have the same contrast problems as the last as it was a super clear day.

Thanks
                      There are strong editing halos, but otherwise should have a good chance.

Comment

What can be done to remove the halos, I had to lower the highlights almost all the way as the body of the aircraft was overexposed, there probably was a better way to edit it.

Thanks

Comment

What can be done to remove the halos, I had to lower the highlights..
                          Don't edit the highlights.

Comment

Here are a couple new photos. The first one might have the same highlight issue that was previously stated.

Thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here are a couple new photos. The first one might have the same highlight issue that was previously stated.

Thanks
                              1. oversharpened, overprocessed, contrast
                              2. contrast, borderline oversharpened
                              3. dark/contrast, overprocessed, dirty, centering

Comment

What causes the overprocessed, the amount of the previous photos is very similar to what I have done with almost all my photos, could this be because of how blue the sky already is so any adding of saturation and vibrance is instantly too much. It is likely that the second photo is unfixable because of the not perfect lighting? I also am confused about the dirty for the third photo I don't see any dust spots when using lightroom's tool.

Thanks
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X