CharlieTripp - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
    What do you recommend I do with the heat haze do you think it is worth it to correct the horizon and then attempt to get it screened and possible get accepted or just give up? What is the obstruction in the 5th photo? And what more needs to be fixed on these photos?

Thanks
    1. borderline soft
    2. overexposed/contrast. this one might not be fixable.

Heat haze generally not fixable, just hideable at lower resolutions.

Obstruction:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_47378.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	686.3 KB
ID:	1137381

Comment

• Does the Tug in the photo above not count as an obstruction? I didn't understand what obstruction very well, thanks making it very clear. I sharpened and lowered the resolution of the heat hazed photo. What other fixes still need to be made to these photos?

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Does the Tug in the photo above not count as an obstruction? I didn't understand what obstruction very well, thanks making it very clear. I sharpened and lowered the resolution of the heat hazed photo. What other fixes still need to be made to these photos?

Thanks
        If towing the aircraft, tugs are generally not considered obstruction.

1. ok for me
        2. borderline heat haze
        3. horizon, borderline heat haze

Comment

• Fixed the horizon. Is it worth it to try to upload the borderline heat hazed photos or do you think just give up on them? I also have a couple new ones that advice on them would be appreciated.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Fixed the horizon. Is it worth it to try to upload the borderline heat hazed photos or do you think just give up on them?
            Up to you.

Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
            I also have a couple new ones that advice on them would be appreciated.
            1. dark/contrast
            2. horizon
            3. ok for me

Comment

• I have another photo, might just not be good because of the darker cloud match the color of the livery to closely but I think the lighting is pretty good otherwise.

Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

I have another photo, might just not be good because of the darker cloud match the color of the livery to closely but I think the lighting is pretty good otherwise.

Thanks
                Borderline for (harsh) contrast.

Comment

• Tried to fix the contrast issue. For the second photo I am assuming the concrete wall blocking the lower half of the wheels is considered obstruction is that correct?

Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tried to fix the contrast issue. For the second photo I am assuming the concrete wall blocking the lower half of the wheels is considered obstruction is that correct?

Thanks
                    1. still borderline contrast
                    2. yes obstruction

Comment

• Thanks for the info on the obstruction. I have attempted to fix the contrast, it probably is still not perfect if this doesn't fix it I think I am going to give up on that one. I some new photos that I think are mostly good but I had some trouble with horizon as there is not that much in the background to help with horizon correcting. Any advice on them is helpful.

Thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info on the obstruction. I have attempted to fix the contrast, it probably is still not perfect if this doesn't fix it I think I am going to give up on that one. I some new photos that I think are mostly good but I had some trouble with horizon as there is not that much in the background to help with horizon correcting. Any advice on them is helpful.

Thanks
                        1. borderline contrast. won't comment on this one again.
                        2-5. horizon, heat haze, harsh contrast. heat haze is not fixable.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. borderline contrast. won't comment on this one again.
                          2-5. horizon, heat haze, harsh contrast. heat haze is not fixable.
                          I don't know much about heat haze and am having some trouble seeing on some of the photos. I can see a little on the two delta and the private jet but can't find it anywhere on the Sun Country 737. How do I prevent heat haze, I need a sunny day for the lighting of the photo, but it can't be two sunny otherwise I will get heat hazing. What are the best measures to prevent heat hazing? It is likely that all photos taken during the day of the the 4 above would have heat hazing problems so none would be up standard for jet photos?

Thanks

Comment

I don't know much about heat haze and am having some trouble seeing on some of the photos.
                            Any time straight lines aren't quite straight. (Leading edges, cheat lines, etc.)

Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
                            How do I prevent heat haze
                            Don't shoot in the hottest part of the day, and minimize the distance between you and the subject. Summertime, any time between 10-3 is usually pretty useless.

Comment

• Thanks for the help with the heat haze, I was taking photos right in that range from about 1-4. I have some other photos that I would like to be prescreened. I am not sure with the third photo about backlighting with the shadow location and also not sure about obstruction

Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help with the heat haze, I was taking photos right in that range from about 1-4. I have some other photos that I would like to be prescreened. I am not sure with the third photo about backlighting with the shadow location and also not sure about obstruction
                                1. dark/contrast. not fixable
                                2. dark/contrast, horizon. not fixable.
                                3. centering, vignetting, borderline soft

Comment

Working...
                                X