• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. backlit/dark/contrast/overprocessed
    2. borderline heat haze
    3. borderline dark/contrast
    4. centering, borderline dark/contrast
    Lowered the resolution to try to get ride of some of the heat haze (Photo 1). Lightened up the 2(4 and 5) dark photos and centered the photo, is the contrast fine on those two photos. How is the contrast on the two photos of the Blue Angles (2 and 3)? Do you think either of the two Blue Angles resolution could be increased or would the softness not allow it? Is this more of what you are looking for to learn from the prescreening advice instead of just posting without any information? If not what can I do to improve?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post

Lowered the resolution to try to get ride of some of the heat haze (Photo 1). Lightened up the 2(4 and 5) dark photos and centered the photo, is the contrast fine on those two photos. How is the contrast on the two photos of the Blue Angles (2 and 3)? Do you think either of the two Blue Angles resolution could be increased or would the softness not allow it? Is this more of what you are looking for to learn from the prescreening advice instead of just posting without any information? If not what can I do to improve?
      1. still borderline, but ok for me
      2. crop is a bit wide for 3:2. maybe try 4:3
      3. backlit
      4-5. borderline overexposed/(harsh) contrast

Comment

• The first photo is backlit and the second is obstructed on the right main landing gear, correct? Is the third photo have any issues with the sharklet being out of focus

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

The first photo is backlit and the second is obstructed on the right main landing gear, correct? Is the third photo have any issues with the sharklet being out of focus
          Correct.

Comment

Correct.
            Is the blurriness of the photo (1) to much that is not fixable? Are there any haze issues with the 2nd photo it was taken at LAX and I used the dehaze feature in lightroom but not sure if I did to much? How is the contrast of the 2nd and 3rd photo? Does the third have any softness issues?

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Is the blurriness of the photo (1) to much that is not fixable? Are there any haze issues with the 2nd photo it was taken at LAX and I used the dehaze feature in lightroom but not sure if I did to much? How is the contrast of the 2nd and 3rd photo? Does the third have any softness issues?

Thanks
              1. dark, vignetting, borderline soft
              2. backlit
              3. dark, centering, dirty, soft

Comment

• How is contrast of photos 1 and 2? How is the framing of both? What plane would I choose to have the photo registration under, would it be the blue angle that if most right in the photo and in currently pulling up? Would I choose the P -51in the 2nd as it is the plane in the foreground of the photo? How are the fixes on the third and where is the dust spot and I having trouble finding where it is?

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Charlie
                  I'm not a screener, just a new member.
                  I had also problems to find dust spots in Lightroom with RAW photos. My solution now is to have a upload slot free in JP and use that to see dust spots easier. I save that JP dust picture and load that picture in Lightroom. I remove dust spots on JPs dust photo and then copy that to the jpg picture to take out these dust spots. I works great for me.

Comment

How is contrast of photos 1 and 2? How is the framing of both? What plane would I choose to have the photo registration under, would it be the blue angle that if most right in the photo and in currently pulling up? Would I choose the P -51in the 2nd as it is the plane in the foreground of the photo? How are the fixes on the third and where is the dust spot and I having trouble finding where it is?

Thanks
                    1. dark. use infor for lead aircraft
                    2. soft/backlit. not fixable.

3. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_49273.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	423.5 KB
ID:	1142835

Comment

• Is the photo (2) good without the dust spot now? Is the 4th light enough and are either 1 or 4 backlit, I think 1 is close but not sure with the partial shadow on the tail. What about contrast on 1 and 4 as well?

Thanks for the help
                      Attached Files

Comment

Is the photo (2) good without the dust spot now? Is the 4th light enough and are either 1 or 4 backlit, I think 1 is close but not sure with the partial shadow on the tail. What about contrast on 1 and 4 as well?

Thanks for the help
                        1. dark/contrast, soft, overprocessed
                        2. still soft, almost blurry
                        3. dark/contrast, dirty
                        4. borderline overprocessed

Comment

1. dark/contrast, soft, overprocessed
                          2. still soft, almost blurry
                          3. dark/contrast, dirty
                          4. borderline overprocessed
                          I tried to fix the F-35 Photo, might still be soft. Does 2 or 3 have any contrast/backlit issues? How is the Contrast/heat haze on 4?

Thanks for the advice and help
                          Attached Files

Comment

I tried to fix the F-35 Photo, might still be soft. Does 2 or 3 have any contrast/backlit issues? How is the Contrast/heat haze on 4?

Thanks for the advice and help
                            1. dark/contrast, soft
                            2. backlit, contrast
                            3. backlit, horizon
                            4. soft/heat haze

Unless they are done purposefully (ie. silhouette shots), backlit images are rarely accepted, so please try to develop the ability to realize when images are backlit so we can save ourselves some time when prescreening. The two above are not even close

Comment

1. dark/contrast, soft
                              2. backlit, contrast
                              3. backlit, horizon
                              4. soft/heat haze

Unless they are done purposefully (ie. silhouette shots), backlit images are rarely accepted, so please try to develop the ability to realize when images are backlit so we can save ourselves some time when prescreening. The two above are not even close
                              I have been trying to but I am not doing very good at it. Why do you look for on a shot like this to see that it is backlit. What else can you look for when you can't see if there is or is not a shadow on the plane?

Thanks

Comment

I have been trying to but I am not doing very good at it. Why do you look for on a shot like this to see that it is backlit. What else can you look for when you can't see if there is or is not a shadow on the plane?

Thanks
                                To avoid backlit photos always have your back towards the sun. That way everything you see is properly lit. If you face towards the sun you get backlit, where the subject casts it’s own shadow.
                                Your blue angels C130 shot has the sun shining on the aircraft, however the 747 shots are in their own shadow.
                                Hopefully this helps

Comment

Working...
                                X