Clear All

• CharlieTripp
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. backlit/dark/contrast/overprocessed
    2. borderline heat haze
    3. borderline dark/contrast
    4. centering, borderline dark/contrast
    Lowered the resolution to try to get ride of some of the heat haze (Photo 1). Lightened up the 2(4 and 5) dark photos and centered the photo, is the contrast fine on those two photos. How is the contrast on the two photos of the Blue Angles (2 and 3)? Do you think either of the two Blue Angles resolution could be increased or would the softness not allow it? Is this more of what you are looking for to learn from the prescreening advice instead of just posting without any information? If not what can I do to improve?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by CharlieTripp View Post
    I don't think there are any backlit issues with any of these photos, but there may be contrast, is the contrast good on these photos? Is the Crop okay on the 2nd photo with neither plane being perfectly centered? The Last two are a higher resolution are there any sharpness issues with those?

Thanks
    1. backlit/dark/contrast/overprocessed
    2. borderline heat haze
    3. borderline dark/contrast
    4. centering, borderline dark/contrast

Leave a comment:

• CharlieTripp
    replied
    I don't think there are any backlit issues with any of these photos, but there may be contrast, is the contrast good on these photos? Is the Crop okay on the 2nd photo with neither plane being perfectly centered? The Last two are a higher resolution are there any sharpness issues with those?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Hi,
    Yes the Cessna is fully backlit. The airport overview looks acceptable to me

Regards

Leave a comment:

• CharlieTripp
    replied

You could crop it tighter on the left I suppose, but it wouldn't be a huge issue for me.
    Does the first photo count as back light? How is the contrast and do you think it needs to be any lighter? Is the crop and contrast good on the second photo? Does the second photo have any sharpness issues, taken on a drone that I have never tried to upload a photo from. Is it fine that there are clouds shadows on the airport photo?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Is horizon the only composition issue? Are the runways centered and the airport centered well enough in the photo?

Thanks
    You could crop it tighter on the left I suppose, but it wouldn't be a huge issue for me.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieTripp
    replied

Contrast and horizon would be issues. It does not qualify for hot.
    Is horizon the only composition issue? Are the runways centered and the airport centered well enough in the photo?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Okay, I won't just blankly ask for prescreening advice. I don't just do it aimlessly, I have learned a ton about editing and feel like I have improved a lot. Sorry to now ask you for advice on this photo but I don't have any clue what I am looking to for in a airport overview. I am think the biggest issue with this photo would be the contrast but also curious about the composition of the photo. I expect to have to retake it with better lighting.

Does a new airport photo qualify for hot even if it is uncontrolled and has few aircraft movements a year?

Thanks for all the help
    Contrast and horizon would be issues. It does not qualify for hot.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieTripp
    replied

Edge softness is typically due to weakness in the lens design. Either stop the aperture down a bit to use more of the center of the lens, or consider buying a better lens.

1. borderline soft/contrast
    2. backlit
    3-4. ok for me
    5. backlit

Also, please be mindful of the request/comments here:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

Prescreening is meant to be used as a tool to check certain images you are unsure about, learn from the feedback you receive, improve, then hopefully not need to ask for help in those areas any more. It is not meant to be a process where you post the maximum number of requests you can, wait the minimum 24 hours, then post the maximum again, and repeat. I see more than a few guys doing this, and it shows me that they are not really making any effort to learn from the process but rather are simply taking advantage of free screening.
    Okay, I won't just blankly ask for prescreening advice. I don't just do it aimlessly, I have learned a ton about editing and feel like I have improved a lot. Sorry to now ask you for advice on this photo but I don't have any clue what I am looking to for in a airport overview. I am think the biggest issue with this photo would be the contrast but also curious about the composition of the photo. I expect to have to retake it with better lighting.

Does a new airport photo qualify for hot even if it is uncontrolled and has few aircraft movements a year?

Thanks for all the help
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

What can I do about the softness near the edges of the frame? I am assuming I should lower the noise reduction on the entire photo but is there anything specific to do about it near the edges?
    Edge softness is typically due to weakness in the lens design. Either stop the aperture down a bit to use more of the center of the lens, or consider buying a better lens.

Can I also get prescreening advice on these photos? I am a little confused on how to do the horizon when I have an uneven background like on the first photo, what is the best method for that kind of photo?
    1. borderline soft/contrast
    2. backlit
    3-4. ok for me
    5. backlit

Also, please be mindful of the request/comments here:

Prescreening is meant to be used as a tool to check certain images you are unsure about, learn from the feedback you receive, improve, then hopefully not need to ask for help in those areas any more. It is not meant to be a process where you post the maximum number of requests you can, wait the minimum 24 hours, then post the maximum again, and repeat. I see more than a few guys doing this, and it shows me that they are not really making any effort to learn from the process but rather are simply taking advantage of free screening.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieTripp
    replied

Still borderline dark/contrast for most of these. Some softness issues as well, especially towards the edges of the frame.
    What can I do about the softness near the edges of the frame? I am assuming I should lower the noise reduction on the entire photo but is there anything specific to do about it near the edges?
    Can I also get prescreening advice on these photos? I am a little confused on how to do the horizon when I have an uneven background like on the first photo, what is the best method for that kind of photo?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

I tried to fix the contrast issues, and the dark/soft issue, and the other 2 are new are there any more changes that need to be made?

Thanks
    Still borderline dark/contrast for most of these. Some softness issues as well, especially towards the edges of the frame.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieTripp
    replied

1, 3. borderline contrast
    2. dark, soft
    4-5. ok for me
    I tried to fix the contrast issues, and the dark/soft issue, and the other 2 are new are there any more changes that need to be made?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thanks for the advice, can I get more prescreening advice on these new photos?

Thanks
    1, 3. borderline contrast
    2. dark, soft
    4-5. ok for me

Leave a comment:

• CharlieTripp
    replied

1-2. borderline contrast
    3. soft/blurry/contrast
    4-5. ok for me
    Thanks for the advice, can I get more prescreening advice on these new photos?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X