Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescreen Request - A7-BAJ

Hello All,
    I was considering uploading this airport overview of Destin executive airport (DSI/KDTS), but I have no clue on how to adequately edit an airport overview for JP, as this is my first attempt. If any of you got a chance, could you give some advice?

Thanks and happy Monday!
    - A7-BAJ
    Attached Files

Originally posted by A7-BAJ View Post
    Hello All,
    I was considering uploading this airport overview of Destin executive airport (DSI/KDTS), but I have no clue on how to adequately edit an airport overview for JP, as this is my first attempt. If any of you got a chance, could you give some advice?

Thanks and happy Monday!
    - A7-BAJ
    Image is dark and overprocessed.

Comment

A7-BAJ Postscreening/Advice request
      Good evening all,
      So I uploaded this king air some days ago and got rejected on "Horizon Unlevel" Which is valid, but I was wondering what should I level this on? I Tried leveling on first the hangar building and the GAprops in the back, but since this was rejected I do assume it's inaccurate. what should i level this on/is it savable?

Cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

A7-BAJ Postscreening/Advice request
        Good evening all,
        So I uploaded this king air some days ago and got rejected on "Horizon Unlevel" Which is valid, but I was wondering what should I level this on? I Tried leveling on first the hangar building and the GAprops in the back, but since this was rejected I do assume it's inaccurate. what should i level this on/is it savable?

Cheers
        Background verticals. Needs a little CCW rotation.

Comment

A7-BAJ - Postscreen Request / Question

Hello all and Happy New Year! Hope your 2022 is off to a good start.
          One question: Would a crop like the attached below be acceptable for JetPhotos? I have used this crop a few times in the past, but had mixed results; I've had some (for example https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10328399 ) Accepted to DB with this crop, and others (e.g https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9748223) rejected with the exact same crop. for future reference, is this acceptable?

Cheers,
          Rohan (A7-BAJ)
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0307-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.17 MB ID:	1129520

Comment

A7-BAJ - Postscreen Request / Question

Hello all and Happy New Year! Hope your 2022 is off to a good start.
            One question: Would a crop like the attached below be acceptable for JetPhotos? I have used this crop a few times in the past, but had mixed results; I've had some (for example https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10328399 ) Accepted to DB with this crop, and others (e.g https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9748223) rejected with the exact same crop. for future reference, is this acceptable?

Cheers,
            Rohan (A7-BAJ)
            As you have experienced, this is a subjective call. Some may be ok, others not. These three are all borderline but would have been ok for me.

Comment

Hello All, quick question regarding leveling an image. The specified image was taken at a strange angle and I used the building in the background to level. would this image be acceptable for DB?
              Thanks in Advance.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello All, quick question regarding leveling an image. The specified image was taken at a strange angle and I used the building in the background to level. would this image be acceptable for DB?
                Thanks in Advance.
                Hard to find any definitive references, but would be acceptable for me.

Comment

Hello All, Quick Prescreen question-
                  Would the below image be acceptable? my main concern is centering, as the fuselage is low but that's the way that I can fit it and the tail in frame taken with that crop. If anyone could give me some advice, would be appreciated.

Cheers,
                  A7-BAJ
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello All, Quick Prescreen question-
                    Would the below image be acceptable? my main concern is centering, as the fuselage is low but that's the way that I can fit it and the tail in frame taken with that crop. If anyone could give me some advice, would be appreciated.

Cheers,
                    A7-BAJ
                    Subjective, but I suppose the crop would be ok for me. Also a bit soft.

Comment

Hello, All,
                      Considering attempting uploading this to the database, could I get some prescreening advice on this image, and whether it would be worth a go at uploading to database?
                      Cheers,

A7-BAJ
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0138.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	794.8 KB
ID:	1138378

Comment

Hello, All,
                        Considering attempting uploading this to the database, could I get some prescreening advice on this image, and whether it would be worth a go at uploading to database?
                        Looks ok to me.

Comment

Hey all,
                          Recently upgraded to a Nikon D750 and have recently been testing it out. While editing some shots from a recent spotting trip in Los Angeles, I noticed that there was heavy vignetting on a lot of the sky shots I took at LAX. While looking at some pictures I took on my old camera (Nikon D5600) with the same lens during the same LAX session, I had almost no vignetting on any of those photos, and the rest was fixable with profile corrections. But on the D750, I am having a hard time removing vignetting, despite using techniques which usually can help to lessen vignetting (E.g shooting F8 or higher, high vignetting control in camera, shooting looser and cropping the image in, profile corrections in Lightroom, etc. Is there a way to remove the vignetting or are these images unsavable?

Info that may be relevant
                          Gear: Nikon D750 + Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
                          Settings: 1/800 F9 iso160
                          Vignetting control high
                          D-Lighting off

example image below (image has since been removed from queue as per JP forums guidelines)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
                          A7-BAJ
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hey all,
                            Recently upgraded to a Nikon D750 and have recently been testing it out. While editing some shots from a recent spotting trip in Los Angeles, I noticed that there was heavy vignetting on a lot of the sky shots I took at LAX. While looking at some pictures I took on my old camera (Nikon D5600) with the same lens during the same LAX session, I had almost no vignetting on any of those photos, and the rest was fixable with profile corrections. But on the D750, I am having a hard time removing vignetting, despite using techniques which usually can help to lessen vignetting (E.g shooting F8 or higher, high vignetting control in camera, shooting looser and cropping the image in, profile corrections in Lightroom, etc. Is there a way to remove the vignetting or are these images unsavable?

Info that may be relevant
                            Gear: Nikon D750 + Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
                            Settings: 1/800 F9 iso160
                            Vignetting control high
                            D-Lighting off

example image below (image has since been removed from queue as per JP forums guidelines)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
                            A7-BAJ
                            Of course going from a cropped sensor to a full-frame as you did will obviously greatly increase the likelihood of vignetting, as the larger sensor is using much more of the lens circle, right up to the edges - which causes the much stronger vignetting. The best way to 'remove' it would be to stop the aperture down. After the fact, editing/software might be able to do it, but the stronger processing that is needed, the more it might affect the quality of the image.

Comment

Hey, All,
                              Recently got this image rejected after appeal. Not attempting to contest this further, but can one of you help me to understand the reasoning behind this reject? for the lighting that day, I believe the exposure is acceptable, and I had several other photos from around the same time with similar edit settings accepted with no issue. Visually, the image looks acceptable, and had I increased exposure any more, it tended to look blown out and overexposed. Additionally, the histogram shows the Image as adequately exposed. While I do feel like if this was rejected for Undersharpened/Soft, I would understand the rejection, as I could see the logic behind that. And I know the screeners are very experienced, much more so than I am. Could I have a bit of assistance understanding why this was rejected on Dark, and if its worth a reupload?

Thank you so much, and have a great day.

Reject link >> https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10445914

Comment

Working...
                              X