AndrewDawes - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndrewDawes - Editing Advice

Hello all! I'm just starting out with aviation photography and submitted my first photo to JetPhotos, it was rejected for the following: Dark / Underexposed, - Too much or too little contrast.

I have now made some editing changes, but I'm struggling to find the right balance, any guidance and feedback on the following photo would be much appreciated

Thanks,
    Andrew

Click image for larger version

Name:	ba380-3.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	1128515

Originally posted by AndrewDawes View Post
    Hello all! I'm just starting out with aviation photography and submitted my first photo to JetPhotos, it was rejected for the following: Dark / Underexposed, - Too much or too little contrast.

I have now made some editing changes, but I'm struggling to find the right balance, any guidance and feedback on the following photo would be much appreciated
    Due to the overcast conditions, there is very poor light on the aircraft. This is not fixable with editing, so probably best to give up on this image.

Comment

Here are some of my other photos I took and edited. I'm hoping seeing several will make it easier to spot where I may be consistently going wrong.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Due to the overcast conditions, there is very poor light on the aircraft. This is not fixable with editing, so probably best to give up on this image.
        Understood, the lighting was very poor that day. I assume this is also the same for the new photos I have posted then?

Comment

Understood, the lighting was very poor that day. I assume this is also the same for the new photos I have posted then?
          Yes, this is the case. You 'went wrong' in assuming that spotting in such conditions would result in images that might be acceptable here. If that is your goal, then you will need to choose better conditions in the future, but if not simply enjoy what you were able to capture.

Comment

There's almost zero chance of getting a shot accepted from an overcast day with a sky only background. Some experienced editors have been able to get some ground only background shots accepted, but not a very high acceptance rate still

Comment

Thanks for the previous feedback, I'll stick to days with clearer skies in the future!

How is this photo?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	adac-heli.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	425.5 KB
ID:	1128697

Comment

I am sorry to say, but it looks blurry and dark to me

Comment

Don't be sorry, I appreciate the honest feedback

Comment