Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need process help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need process help

    I don not know how to adjust this photo so that it can meet the request of JP. This photo is the first time for me to take a photo of A380, so in my view, this photo have special meaning, I really hope this photo can be shown in JP. So, ask for all you help, sincerely thank.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Hi, I'm not a screener, but in my opinion, only thing that isn't really suitable is the crop. 16:9 will suit the picture much better.

    Sincerely,

    Frantisek Sindelar

    Comment


    • #3
      There are contrast issues and photo is backlit - you can see shadow of the tail. So it would not be accepted.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Frantisek Sindelar View Post
        Hi, I'm not a screener, but in my opinion, only thing that isn't really suitable is the crop. 16:9 will suit the picture much better.

        Sincerely,

        Frantisek Sindelar
        Thank you for your advice~

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post
          There are contrast issues and photo is backlit - you can see shadow of the tail. So it would not be accepted.
          oh, thank you

          Comment


          • #6
            Is this photo acceptable?Click image for larger version

Name:	N903AR.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	809.8 KB
ID:	1131463

            Comment


            • #7
              And I want to know if the composition of this photo is proper?Click image for larger version

Name:	B-5750.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	843.5 KB
ID:	1131465

              Comment


              • #8
                Hello,

                both pictures are not acceptable for Jetphotos, sorry.

                The 747 picture is lacking contrast due to overcast conditions, furthermore its heat hazed and obstructed.
                The 737 has also contrast issues, it is dark, off centered and cutted off.

                Please have a look into our guidelines for the basic requirements for the photos. There are also examples given of what is okay, or not okay.
                Click here for the Guidelines

                Feel free to contact us again if you have questions for further photos in the future.

                Have a good day.
                Best Regards from Germany,
                Julian S.​

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                  Hello,

                  both pictures are not acceptable for Jetphotos, sorry.

                  The 747 picture is lacking contrast due to overcast conditions, furthermore its heat hazed and obstructed.
                  The 737 has also contrast issues, it is dark, off centered and cutted off.

                  Please have a look into our guidelines for the basic requirements for the photos. There are also examples given of what is okay, or not okay.
                  Click here for the Guidelines

                  Feel free to contact us again if you have questions for further photos in the future.

                  Have a good day.
                  Oh, really thanks for your advice! But I have a little question, why the 747 picture have the heat hazed or in another way, how can I avoid the heat hazed next time? And how can a photo token in cloudy days be acceptable? Sincerely thanks for your help.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Heat haze is produced by exhaust systems of the aircraft itself, GPU's or similar - or the more common way, by hot air due to the weather. In summer its more likely to have noticeable heat haze in an image as of the high temperatures outside, or because the apron or grass is heated up a lot (what isn't the case in your image) - in your image the heat haze is noticeable around the lettering above the wing, probably due to the start of engines #3 and #4 (right wing). Its not too bad, but noticeable on my screen.

                    Of course, a picture in cloudy condition can be acceptable - mostly due to an overcast sky, the contrast is very weak and that leads to the rejections of too little contrast (white aircraft in front of a grey or white sky)
                    But if you know the histogram and if you are choosing your frame well with a background which produces a bit of contrast, i see no reason to reject it.

                    The most important thing is, wether a rejection for contrast due to bad lighting conditions or a misread histogram, overexposure, softness etc. - try to learn from them, improve your skills, workflow etc. and ask if you have questions. Our Users and JP Crew are always here to give tips.

                    Have a good evening, stay safe.
                    Best Regards from Germany,
                    Julian S.​

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                      Heat haze is produced by exhaust systems of the aircraft itself, GPU's or similar - or the more common way, by hot air due to the weather. In summer its more likely to have noticeable heat haze in an image as of the high temperatures outside, or because the apron or grass is heated up a lot (what isn't the case in your image) - in your image the heat haze is noticeable around the lettering above the wing, probably due to the start of engines #3 and #4 (right wing). Its not too bad, but noticeable on my screen.

                      Of course, a picture in cloudy condition can be acceptable - mostly due to an overcast sky, the contrast is very weak and that leads to the rejections of too little contrast (white aircraft in front of a grey or white sky)
                      But if you know the histogram and if you are choosing your frame well with a background which produces a bit of contrast, i see no reason to reject it.

                      The most important thing is, wether a rejection for contrast due to bad lighting conditions or a misread histogram, overexposure, softness etc. - try to learn from them, improve your skills, workflow etc. and ask if you have questions. Our Users and JP Crew are always here to give tips.

                      Have a good evening, stay safe.
                      Thank you very much for your detailed answer! I may try to adjust next time, and spend more time to learn more to make a acceptable picture. Sincerely thank again!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Would this position of 737's head be proper for JetPhotos? I saw some photos just show the head of aircraft before, but I do not knoClick image for larger version

Name:	B-5750_1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	700.1 KB
ID:	1131594w what the principle of the cut.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          Would this position of 737's head be proper for JetPhotos?
                          Crop is ok. Image is quite soft however.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                            Crop is ok. Image is quite soft however.
                            Get it! Thanks a lot!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Is the exposure of this photo proper? In my view, it is enough, but I am not really sure for JP.Click image for larger version

Name:	屏幕截图 2022-02-21 161659.png
Views:	85
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1131946
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X